Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 8191939495

Thread: Super Mario Galaxy

1. When I said good it was in a >= clause.

2. For those interested in the official soundtrack, I found it online and the sound quality is much better than the unofficial job I had earlier. It's also much more inclusive--about 80 tracks.
    Last edited by MarkRyan; 10 Feb 2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: no torrent links in GD please

3. I've been doing post-game stars. Whoever invented the Purple Coin thing with no checkpoints can eat it. It feels like work. Work isn't fun. Bad design. Bad. I'm not talking about the interesting ones, like the Space Junk galaxy. That's fun. I like fun. The one in the desert makes me want to throw up, though. Gross. Pukalicious.

The motion-sensing stuff is crap, too. Ray racing is not fun. The ball thing can be fun. The bubble thing is just easy. None of them are as fun as a well-designed platforming level, though. It's true, Miyamoto. You know it.

I still like it better than 64, though. This is like the Majora's Mask to 64's Ocarina of Time. More to the point, more fun, less bullshit in between (besides the motion-sensing crap). I give it four spaghettis out of Martin Van Buren's wife.

If it's work now you might as well stop, you have to do it all over again with Luigi once you beat the game.

And he controls like shit.

121 stars for both characters, hollar
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. I like Luigi.

I'm kinda taking the purple coin stars to be like the vert shooter level in Gunstar Super Heroes: just get through it. I'll probably get a walkthrough or something.

I'll admit, though, I liked the leap of faith off the top of the level in the snow Purple Coin challenge. Classy.

The purple coins aren't too bad if you made a beeline for Bowser the instant you got 60 stars. That way, you can space them out between the other stars left.