Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why SpoDaddy got banned

1. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    "Looking for meaning in a dyne post is like looking for rational thought in a spodaddy post" is different from calling diffusionx a "homo."

Why is "SpoDaddy is a retard" different from "DiffusionX is a homo"? Because he thought he was being witty with his random attack, or because I used the word "homo" instead of "gay" (which is used as a derogatory term about 38 times a day on TNL)? My calling DiffusionX a homo was A) meant to be silly, I wasn't implying I think DiffX is a homosexual or trying to gaybash him and that was obvious, B) not out of nowhere in that I was addressing a silly sounding name for a thread that he made in that same thread, I was on topic, and C) In response to DiffX calling me a fag about a thousand times over the years on here, which I never once whined or complained about. You warned me that I was being disruptive, I disagreed (considering how DiffX and Yoshi troll my shit like it's their job), but out of respect for you I abstained and didn't even post in the thread again to avoid further disruption.

Kano, on the other hand, randomly out of nowhere calls me stupid in a thread I hadn't even posted in (he's an admin by the way), I defend myself by saying he's stupid and licks balls, and I'm the one guilty of making a bannable "derailing ad hominem attack"? That's total bullshit; he even admitted in the thread that he was banning me for insulting an admin! The fact that his ban was overturned after a day is evidence in and of itself that the ban was bullshit. Kano's got a history of abusing his admin status, this whole thing is a fucking joke.

2. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas in iraq
    So what?
    If sleeveboy didn't think this was worth any discussion he wouldn't have made a thread about it, so take it up with him.

3. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    The fact that his ban was overturned after a day is evidence in and of itself that the ban was bullshit.
    So why are we discussing it?

Everyone's human. Admins and mods aren't robots.

I think the main point here is, SpoDaddy was warned the day before for something he said before the comment he made that got him banned. Kano was not. Consider his "Spo is a retard" post as a warning to him not to do it again, and he's on the same level and getting the same treatment as SpoDaddy. If he fucks up again, I'm sure Nick will ban him or take away his mod powers.

Everyone's even. Once again, why are we discussing it?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas in iraq
    Because sleeveboy made a thread to discuss it. If something's happening to Kano behind the scenes then that's fine, but this dirty laundry about SpoDaddy is being aired here because, hey, an admin decided it should be for some reason.
    Last edited by sethsez; 16 May 2006 at 04:12 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas in iraq
    I think the main point here is, SpoDaddy was warned the day before for something he said before the comment he made that got him banned. Kano was not.
    Except that the comment that got me banned was justified, in that I was defending myself against a random attack in a thread I wasn't even in.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas in iraq
    Consider his "Spo is a retard" post as a warning to him not to do it again, and he's on the same level and getting the same treatment as SpoDaddy. If he fucks up again, I'm sure Nick will ban him or take away his mod powers.
    Sleeve apparently doesn't consider it that way. The fact that Kano randomly attacked me isn't the problem anyway. The problem is that he banned me for responding to his insult with an almost identical one, just because he's an admin and I'm not, and now Sleeve is trying to whitewash it.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas in iraq
    Everyone's even. Once again, why are we discussing it?
    As Seth has already said twice, because Sleeve started a thread about it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas in iraq
    Because it's just the latest example of "do as I say, not as I do" moderating on TNL.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Because it's just the latest example of "do as I say, not as I do" moderating on TNL.
    You've had a problem with the moderators for years. Just leave. No one keeps you here but yourself.

I can understand SpoDaddy and such getting reasonably upset at this one situation, but you have always had a problem with the system here for as long as I can remember. You're consistently attacked because you're not well-liked here by the community, and you hate the moderators. Just leave. I promise someone else will post off-topic unnecessary wrestling references everyday in your absense.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. Laugh out loud, this thread is full of sandy vagina.

9. Honestly, its a fucking webpage, not a democracy. If the mods want to ban someone for being a douche they're well within their rights to. People like Diff, Ninjas and Josh get away with murder because they actually contribute worthwhile discussion and are hugely influential to the personality of this place.

10. ^I agree with Arjue. Alot of people say stupid crap, but they contribute to the community when they want to/need to/or feel like it.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.