Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pile of Bad News from SNK USA

Thumbs Down A Pile of Bad News from SNK USA

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Box
    - SNK Playmore USA president Ben Herman mentioned the company's future plans:

* Developers are looking into how to use the Wii controller in Metal Slug Anthology
    * Metal Slug 6 will not be included in Metal Slug Anthology, however the game will likely appear in a Nintendo platform, because 2D games are not suitable for PS3 or Xbox 360
    * Sony has rejected a number of their 2D projects for PS2, because they do not correspond to the graphic standard
    * Metal Slug for GBA is a port of the first title in the series, coming out in September 2006
    * SNK Playmore does not plan to release future titles for Xbox
    * Wii will receive the most software support from SNK Playmore
    * The PS2 shooter Twinkle Star Sprites will not be published in US because there's no market for the genre
    This basically confirms my Wii purchase, but there is lots of sad news in there that may apply to other developers as well.

I don't want any stupid motion sensor control in Metal Slug. But yeah, put me in for a Wii purchase....DAY ONE.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    * Metal Slug 6 will not be included in Metal Slug Anthology, however the game will likely appear in a Nintendo platform, because 2D games are not suitable for PS3 or Xbox 360
    * Sony has rejected a number of their 2D projects for PS2, because they do not correspond to the graphic standard
    Reading that makes me die inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

Just think of playing 2d games on the Wii controller. Not the wiimote, the snescube controller. I'm happy about that.

Accepting 2d games = +1 to Nintendo.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Why can't they just start turning up PC support or make a newer, cheaper NEO-GEO? You'd think the hardware is so dirt cheap to make at this point there'd be no point in trying to bring that part of the industry back.

I'm not pointing no F'n remote to play this!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    Just think of playing 2d games on the Wii controller. Not the wiimote, the snescube controller. I'm happy about that.
    Well hearing you mention that makes me feel at least a little better, but I'd rather prefer using a stick.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

6. First of all, the 360 and PS3 doesn't need SNK's dated games. SNK barely knows how to take advantage of a PS2.

Secondly, quit complaining about how they're going to Wii-up your Metal Slug. If it bothers you that much, there's about a thousand ways to play Metal Slug games. We all know it.

I'm looking forward to the Metal Slug collection on PSP, but otherwise, whatever.

WHATEVER!
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Yeah, this news is not sad at all. Metal Slug has been played many times as hae their fighters. Maybe they should make new stuff.

What about XBLA?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Yeah, this news is not sad at all. Metal Slug has been played many times as hae their fighters. Maybe they should make new stuff.
    Yes. SNK inspires some of the most tired bitching on the internet. People seem overly concerned about a company who isn't interested in doing anything new at all.