Thread: Random Comic Question: Anyone ever subscribe to a title directly through Marvel?

1. Random Comic Question: Anyone ever subscribe to a title directly through Marvel?

If so, I just wonder how the books are shipped, labeled and if they arrive in good shape.

I want to subscribe to New Avengers. Doing so allows me to keep up without going to the store, which leads to massive purchases.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

I used to have a subscription to Amazing Spiderman when I was a kid. They'd send it in a cheesy polybag but with a decent backboard. Of course, the mailman would still have to stuff it in my small mailbox. They were always in good shape.

To be honest, I'd recommend going the torrent route. They're pretty up to date with it.

Who wants a bunch of worthless 32-page ad-filled pamphlets cluttering up the house anyway?
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Manga format (i.e., monthly trades) > subscriptions to 32-page, ad-filled pamphlets

Truth.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    To be honest, I'd recommend going the torrent route. They're pretty up to date with it.

Who wants a bunch of worthless 32-page ad-filled pamphlets cluttering up the house anyway?
    Y'know, I actually think that is a good idea. Of course, you can't take it with you to the bathroom, but you're right, no clutter. It's getting more and more difficult to find room for these things.

I'm sure I'd still buy a few, but my pull list (and money spent) would be DRASTICALLY reduced.

If only I knew how to torrent...

5. PM Me. I get all my backissues through torrents.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    If so, I just wonder how the books are shipped, labeled and if they arrive in good shape.

I want to subscribe to New Avengers. Doing so allows me to keep up without going to the store, which leads to massive purchases.
    I would. You get your issues a few days earlier and save money.( A subscription is 1.99 a comic I think.)

6. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    PM Me. I get all my backissues through torrents.
    I'm not sure I'm interested, but where are you finding back issue torrents?

How far back?
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

My pal gets the monthly stuff via IRC channels. I guess Av'll help you out.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Manga format (i.e., monthly trades) > subscriptions to 32-page, ad-filled pamphlets

Truth.
    Quoted for the truth. It's cool being up-to-date with series and reading the letters section and all, but you can't beat a nice trade paperback.