Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the differenc between Intel Core Dou, Cetrino M...and all that crap?

1. Question What's the differenc between Intel Core Dou, Cetrino M...and all that crap?

I havent been up todate and shit on the PC/Mac front, but i noticed that Mac is raving about their new Core Duo processor. And other laptops such as Sony Vaio have the Centrino M.....i'm a bit confused as to what is the difference between those chips. Which is better and faster?

Also the Centrino M is only made for laptops right? is it true that a 1Ghz M processor is equivalent to let's say a 1.8Ghz desktop processor?

thanks!

2. All I know is that Duo are two processors instead of one. From what I've witnessed not many computers take real advantage of what having two processors can do. Rigt now it's more flash than anything but it should have a drastic impact on computing in the near future.

3. I see, so core duo will only be taken advantage of when developers utilize it's power.

Anyways, seems like alllaptops are moving to core duo and away from centrino M.

i'm thinking of getting a Mac Book Pro that's why i asked. I'll keep windows desktop for my gaming and that, and the Mac for web surfing, portability....and so on. ofcourse i'm still debating wheather i should go for it or not. what do you think? I take it OS Tiger is easy to use right?

or should i just wait for a laptop with a Bluray drive instead? the Sony one should be out this summer.

aaagghhhhh....it's all getting confusing.

4. Marwan, do you ever stop buying things?

5. What is the point of a laptop with Blu-Ray? How many movies do you watch on your laptop?

Running multiple cores is the future, as (beware: gross simplification ahead) companies have troubles making their chips so much faster without massive heat and energy consumption problems. There will be quadcore CPUs in 2007.

So that said, buying multicore is NOT a foolish decision and more stuff is coming out every day that supports it. Also you will see benefits if you do, like, two things at once. Like say Photoshop or video-editing... or video-editing and games... you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    Marwan, do you ever stop buying things?
    lol. At least it's not shit anime, worthless games, and cheapass clothes.

Stop aiding and abetting terrorists you asshole.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    Marwan, do you ever stop buying things?
    hahaha, my wife says the same thing. I'm just a electronics whore!

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    seriously that's getting very old.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    marwan's my nigga.

9. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    IBTN.

10. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Running multiple cores is the future, as (beware: gross simplification ahead) companies have troubles making their chips so much faster without massive heat and energy consumption problems.
    You should all believe diff's news. Multi-core is the wave of the future. Hopefully prices will drop after AMD releases its new AM2 socket/platform. Should be out by the end of the month.

There will be quadcore CPUs in 2007.
    Sun is waaaay ahead of that. 8 Cores, bitches! But you probably already knew about that.

Or stupid cars.