Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter Freedom

1. Neo-Geo Pocket Monster Hunter Freedom

Out this week. Who's in? Supposed to be even better than the PS2 version.

My cheapness gene won't let me buy a domestic portable game for over $35, so post up if you see it for less, thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monster-hunter-freedom-20051128012606806.jpg 
Views:	843 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	19449  

I like how your threshold is conveniently lined up with Nintendo's first party DS game price. Coincidence? I think not.

3. I'm just realistic about my strength to resist new fun games. You're right, if the average new DS game was suddenly $45, that might magically become my new threshold.

But unlike the rest of life, this thread is not about Compass.

4. "Supposed to be even better than the PS2 version"

WELL HOLY SHIT! Now I can throw away those thousands of other games that are too

5. This is one of those rare games that makes me wish I had a PSP to play it on. I never even played the PS2 version, but it seems like it would probably be better suited to a portable. Plus, I love the graphics and I love Capcom.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    "Supposed to be even better than the PS2 version"

WELL HOLY SHIT! Now I can throw away those thousands of other games that are too
    quote button works too
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark
    This is one of those rare games that makes me wish I had a PSP to play it on. I never even played the PS2 version, but it seems like it would probably be better suited to a portable. Plus, I love the graphics and I love Capcom.
    I concur on all counts! Well, 'cept the first because I do have a PSP, but a couple months ago, that one would apply as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    "Supposed to be even better than the PS2 version"

This puzzles me... and not in a good Lumines-type way, but more in a what-the-fuck-is-your-point-type way.

8. It means "name a game that ISN'T better than that horseass"...when you say EVEN BETTER, it implies that the former was good too.

9. I'll pass. I bought the PS2 verison so I would have something to tide me over for ....some other game to come out which I don't remember.

Unless capcom has fixed a TON of tedious game play and major bugs, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone. One of the major problems I had with the game was, I could never get it to play online. I first tried it on my first PS2 with modem on a cable connection. I never have had any trouble playing online with any other games. Hell the game even said it was configured right and would let me log in so far. Eventually I gave up and put the game to rest. So I ended up having to get a new ps2 and figured I'd give it a try on the new one. Same problem and the capcom tech staff have no clue why it won't connect.

Other problems: Gathering items to make new weapons is kinda cool, but GOD damn if some of the items you need are RARE as hell and usually need TONS of em to make a damn upgrade. Loading times get pretty annoying. Doing some simple tasks can try your patience after awhile like for example Cooking meat, searching. Time limits on the stages sucks and limits your time to explore and search for the much needed items.

I could probably go on and on. The graphics and sound are good, but damn stupid gameplay, animation and bugs really drags it down.

10. Speaking of dinosaurs and Capcom, does Capcom still have the rights to Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, or has that gone the way of Alien Vs. Predator and The Punisher?