Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Monster Hunter Freedom

I've always heard that the series got easier over time, not harder. Doesn't really matter, they're all going down anyway.

I love hammers but they can't KO in the first game so it reduces their usefulness there. I made a War Basher and I've been putting it to pretty good use lately. It's a lot of fun hitting with that triple pound; it does ridiculous damage.

Bows look interesting because I think they'll be what I wanted the bowguns to be, which is not ridiculously complicated. Seriously, gunning in MHF is so dumb. There are like hundreds of different guns that all hold different amounts and different types of ammos, can all be modified but, unlike every other weapon, can't be upgraded into a new weapon. Then you have to worry about crafting and keeping ammo when my box is full of stupid monster drops as it is, ugh.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

The games didn't get easier so much as i think people just got better.

Hammers not ko'ing cuts down their usefulness a bit. but they are still boss.

Bows are good, but it can feel like forever when fighting solo. Knowing the monsters attacks inside and out is so important because most of the time the only place that you can hit them at that does any real damage is the face. so your constantly having to position yourself to where the monster is going to be after an attack to get that head shot in. hitting there legs, or wings isn't going to cut it with a bow.

protip with guns, only ammo that's important. cluster shot lvl 2. pierce lvl 1,2. that's it. All the other ammo is fluff, 50 wyvern claws and 50 sm bone husks and you can kill just about everything solo. pierce depending on the monster. Gravios gets molested by pierce shot lvl 2. Basically if you make profusion your set. Profusion in unite has rapid fire lvl 2 pierce so every pierce shot fires 3 shots. so you get triple the ammo for it.

Drops have been kind lately, I finished off a Golden Falchion and a True Black Dragon Sword. Now all I need is an azure ruby for the Odyssey Blade.

Only a handful of quests left to finish including Crimson Fatalis, dual G-class Kirins, some shitty Plesioths and Four Horns: Black Asshole Edition.
    My Backloggery

Training school, Elder missions, and all Guild missions including G-rank quests and Urgents are now complete. I need to fight the urge to keep playing this and just import my character to Freedom 2 and then Unite because it's the SAME FUCKING GAME just with so much more and there's no point to sticking around. I'll always have my save floating around if I feel like doing something crazy like unlocking every single title =3

I might!

I will miss this game. It's become such a dear old friend these past few months. Good thing the sequel is fucking identical.
    My Backloggery

5. It's not identical. And you should skip Freedom 2 and go straight to Unite.

I had to move my character to Freedom 2 so I could then move the F2 character to Unite, but yes that's what I'm playing now. Really just transferring my 300k+ zenni over since the new character creation options are so much better that my hunter looks nothing like she did originally. Unite is just 2G, it's all still Monster Hunter Dos.

The improvements are almost too numerous to list here; the game just got a thousand times better. To be continued in that game's thread at a later date!
    My Backloggery

MHP3rd is now 39.99 as a best of in japan. amazon has it with free shipping. new years day gift for me

8. The ios app reads like it's super well done? Is it or is it just monhunfan super well done?

9. I would like to know as well. There's no games I want to play on IOS right now.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. It's getting excellent reviews. Controller support too.