Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I got MacBookPro and i need seriouse help...

1. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    It's the easiest thing ever, and super convenient. Just go to networking, turn on file and print sharing, right click any folder you want to see on the network from other computers, click sharing or something like that and check the box that says share on the network. Then you can share files all over and not waste space with duplicates. It's worth the 5 min it takes to set up.
    i thank you for this. i asked at the sharkyforums how to transfer files and they kept telling me i needed to set up an ftp.

2. From what I've seen, people on Sharky's are mostly noobs. (I had a few arguments, and they seemed to be fairly wrong from what I've learnt from DFI, which I trust more as a source than them, given their OC guide, etc).
    I find DFI-street and xtremeforums much more useful for computer information.
    Last edited by Burky; 26 May 2006 at 06:43 PM.

3. Stormy, sorry for the noob question, but you said i could use a wireless router to do the file transfering, does the same apply for an access point?

4. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    Stormy, sorry for the noob question, but you said i could use a wireless router to do the file transfering, does the same apply for an access point?
    i'm not sure what the difference between a router or an access point is. As long as it creates a lan it should be possible to enable file sharing. But for transfering a lot of files (like >1 GB), you should have both computers hardwired to avoid problems and help it go faster. The rest of the time leaving it wireless is fine though.