Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got MacBookPro and i need seriouse help...

1. Question I got MacBookPro and i need seriouse help...

so i got the MBP today and i lovw it, bu im such noob at thia thing i need allot of guidence from you guya, ao hwew goes...

-what i the best browser? im currently using safari, but downloading CAMINO since im assuming it's the Firefox equivalent to Macs.

-What Antivirus ahouls i use? i have AVG free on my PC and love it, ia there a MAC version?(free?)

-I need a audio/video player that plays everything from WMV/WMA/realplayer/DivX/Xvid/AVI...and so on....

-I used Download Interner Manager on my PC and it's the fucking best, is there a MAC version or an equivalent?

-How do i maximize the window to fill up the whole screen? the icons at the bottom(forgot what they call it....dock?) keeps getting in the way.

-and last, hoh do i make the DOC expand when i highlight it? im using OS X Tiger 10.4 btw.

-is there a way i can sroll up and down using the touch pad? as in touching the side of the pad to scroll the web page up and down

i have tons of question in my head at the moment, but those are the only ones i can think of now. I'll poat more later.

thanks again, and i appreciate your help.

btw, give me step by step insctruction on how to do things since i get lost easily.

again, thanks!

2. i hate your post.

3. use boot camp and install XP - all your problems will be solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    so i got the MBP today and i lovw it, bu im such noob at thia thing i need allot of guidence from you guya, ao hwew goes...

-what i the best browser? im currently using safari, but downloading CAMINO since im assuming it's the Firefox equivalent to Macs.

-What Antivirus ahouls i use? i have AVG free on my PC and love it, ia there a MAC version?(free?)

-I need a audio/video player that plays everything from WMV/WMA/realplayer/DivX/Xvid/AVI...and so on....

-I used Download Interner Manager on my PC and it's the fucking best, is there a MAC version or an equivalent?

-How do i maximize the window to fill up the whole screen? the icons at the bottom(forgot what they call it....dock?) keeps getting in the way.

-and last, hoh do i make the DOC expand when i highlight it? im using OS X Tiger 10.4 btw.

-is there a way i can sroll up and down using the touch pad? as in touching the side of the pad to scroll the web page up and down

i have tons of question in my head at the moment, but those are the only ones i can think of now. I'll poat more later.

thanks again, and i appreciate your help.

btw, give me step by step insctruction on how to do things since i get lost easily.

again, thanks!

Safari works best for me. I have Firefox DLed in case a certain page won't load up right.

Didn't you see the commercial? Macs don't get viruses (yet)
    Shidoshi would probably know this one better. I use the Flip4Mac plugin and VLC for everything else. Works fine for me.
    Set the dock to hide (click on the apple in the upper left corner). Then just stretch the window to your desired size.
    Place two fingers on the touchpad and go wild. I love this function.
    Last edited by Revoltor; 23 May 2006 at 07:27 PM.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. Why do you say Firefox equivalent for Macs? You can run Firefox on a Mac :P

6. oh, didint know that. i thought FF is for PC only. will try it now.

Quote Originally Posted by K3V
    use boot camp and install XP - all your problems will be solved.
    actually macs are cool, but i'm way used to Windiws instead, so now im having second thoughts, i might exchange it for the carbon fiber Sony Vaio instead.
    let's just say that that this was just experimenting. i kindda feel bad about learning a whole new OS all over again, but i'm just not botherd at this point.....yes i know most of you think i'm just whack! ;0

and by the way, this sucker over heats like a fuckin' oven!!! what's up with that?

i have tons of question in my head at the moment
    Did you take down the "for rent" sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    Place two fingers on the touchpad and go wild. I love this function.
    I'll bet the "touchpad" does too.

8. damn do i change my mind quick, call me impatient, but i just packed macbookpro and returning it tomorroe for a carbon fiber Vaio laptop. sotty i just couldnt bare Mc OS, it's all pretty and shit, but i've been using windows for ages and i dont have the time to learn a new OS from the ground up, specially that im buying a new gaming rig by the end of the year, and i feel two OSs would cause confussion.

anyways, the mac is back in it's box, only used for 2 hours, i'll have it exchanged tomorrow.

oh well, windows wins me over again.

9. Wow. Two hours, huh?

This thread is pathetic. Please close it immediately before anyone else gets dumber as a result of reading it.

10. Too late..I'm already dumb.