Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get a "Videogame Character Design" Credit

1. Chicken Get a "Videogame Character Design" Credit

So the peope in this forum are talented, I wasn't sure if anybody was interested in doing this. If you hate spam, move along. The reason I post it is because I think the designs TNL could put forward could actually make it into the game.

Anyway, the official info is here:
    http://kameo.com/RoyalFun/skin_design_contest.htm

All you have to do is draw a skin for the characters and send it in. That is it.

This is a free contest and you don't have to buy jack-squat to participate, I just want somebody from TNL to get a skin in the game.

2. I wonder how many "nude" skins they're going to get.

This could be mighty fine practice for myself.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I wonder how many "nude" skins they're going to get.

This could be mighty fine practice for myself.
    You're going to send a nude skin of yourself?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    You're going to send a nude skin of yourself?
    There's not enough bandwidth on the internet for me to be able to accurately render my johnson. A shame, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

You talented guys get to work. Rare can use all the help they can get with character design.

6. It's a little unclear. I never played the game, so maybe I'm missing something. They don't mean "skin" like the texturing, but instead some avatar the characters can adopt? Or is it pretty much just the same character with a different paintjob? I'm assuming there's precedence for this sort of the thing in the game, if anyone that's played it wants to fill me in.

7. I think they mean outfit.

8. You can take the character in any direction you want. Doesn't have to be a pallette swap, can be a completely new model, as long as it is based on the original character and the original character will still work. For example, they already released a Cyborg version of Kameo where you could see through parts of her and there were moving robotic parts. It doesn't have to be an outfit, but it does have to be based on the original character. Go way out there and come up with something crazy!

Here are some examples (that have already been released):
    http://www.mundorare.com/juegos/kameo/dlc_xmas.html

If you don't know what the original characters look like, I'm sure an image search will do the trick.

9. http://www.rareware.com/company/news/all_news.html

2/6/06: Show Us Some Skin

A few words on the Kameo Design Your Skin competition that MGS/Rare are running (more info on the dedicated site here). As the deadline has recently been extended, we thought we'd chip in and offer you a bit more encouragement to get your creativity wellies on.

Your skin design can be submitted as a hand-drawn or computer-drawn sketch, a repainted piece of existing game artwork, or any other way you can think of as long as the idea is presented clearly.

The artists on the team thought that the following files might be of assistance - semi-transparent template images of all 11 eligible characters, onto which you can overlay your own designs (or just use them as a basis for the dimensions of your sketch)...

Kameo | Pummel Weed | Rubble | Ash | Major Ruin
    Deep Blue | Chilla | Flex | 40 Below | Snare | Thermite
    Note that you don't have to use these files, they're just here for inspiration and assistance. We just want to help, man. If you're still not sure what kind of thing we're after, the team have supplied a few examples for you. I've done one as well, see if you can guess which:

Rare Example 1 | Rare Example 2 | Rare Example 3 | Rare Example 4
    All contest entries need to be emailed to Kameo_Contest@kameo.com by 11:59PM PT on June 11th. Good luck, you industrious little monkeys! Let's make that next DLC skin pack a blinder!

10. Awesome, thanks Master!