Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: How about an Amazon.com referral box thing?

How about an Amazon.com referral box thing?

I noticed GAF had one and well, I buy a shit load of stuff from Amazon. I dunno how much cash you can pull in but it would certainly make my purchases more guilt-free.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

2. I second this idea, it's probably a great way for you to make back some of the money you waste on server costs each month, too, Nick.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Ehh. Naturally, I've thought about Google Ads and affiliate programs, and a couple of years back I even dabbled in some similar things, but I like that the forums are ad-free. With all the mad rush to cram as much ad space as possible into every page of every site, it's nice that our forum can be a refuge from all that.

I would run promotions to give away items to readers (Ikaruga sake set!), but I'm gonna pass on any other ads on the boards for now.

Nick isn't in it for the money... he's in it for the love.

Yeah I figured.

The searchbox isn't that intrusive but I'll respect it. At the very least maybe set up a referral link that we can personally use. Unless of course Nick hates money.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Ehh. Naturally, I've thought about Google Ads and affiliate programs, and a couple of years back I even dabbled in some similar things, but I like that the forums are ad-free. With all the mad rush to cram as much ad space as possible into every page of every site, it's nice that our forum can be a refuge from all that.
    You are a noble person.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    Yeah I figured.

The searchbox isn't that intrusive but I'll respect it. At the very least maybe set up a referral link that we can personally use. Unless of course Nick hates money.
    Maybe just put it on the top of the main forum listing and that's IT. Put: "Help support TNL by buying the games you're going to anyway through our Amazon.com referral link." or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Nick isn't in it for the money... he's in it for the love.
    And God bless him for that.

8. Nick deserves all of our blessings.

9. Quote Originally Posted by arjue
    Nick deserves all of our blessings.
    Yes. Also, free stuff.

That being said, I have a second motion: An Amazon box with a Nick wishlist so we can buy him shit for being Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    An Amazon box with a Nick wishlist so we can buy him shit for being Nick.
    I fully support this idea.