Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 689101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Master System

1. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Holy crap.
    Kenseiden is really awesome, it is still very playable today. The first boss Skeleton Firewheel is a pain but once you get through that, it gets easier. I remember finishing it once too, which I am quite proud of (not that it is a particular hard game or anything).

2. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    It's a European release for SMS(the Game Gear version did come out here) so you will likely need to look online. It's not rare over there.
    Can you play PAL games on an NTSC system?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Can you play PAL games on an NTSC system?
    Yuppers. Both the South American and European/Australian variety. Unfortunately playing japanese games is a little more work. The amount of japanese exclusive stuff on the system is mercifully small, though, since it was more successful in the west than japan. Even some of the japanese-developed stuff is western exclusive (including Wonderboy III, oddly enough, since it had a japanese mode called "Monster World II" and FM cart support if you play it on a japanese system).
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 19 Jun 2006 at 10:56 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Ghost House was a great damned game. I wouldn't compare it to Metroid in the slightest. Frankly I wouldn't compare it to anything really. It was pretty unique. It was all about learning the little tricks and secrets of the house. It's sadly ignored because it really takes time to understand. I never could beat level 6 of that damned thing.
    I loved GH. I once got to Dracula but foolishly rushed him. His bat form pounded me to death mercilessly and I never got there again.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Yuppers. Both the South American and European/Australian variety. Unfortunately playing japanese games is a little more work. The amount of japanese exclusive stuff on the system is mercifully small, though, since it was more successful in the west than japan. Even some of the japanese-developed stuff is western exclusive (including Wonderboy III, oddly enough, since it had a japanese mode called "Monster World II" and FM cart support if you play it on a japanese system).
    Sweet. Thanks.

Edit: Now I'm having a hard ass time finding a shop that sells Master of Darkness, ships to Canada from the UK AND accepts a credit card.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 20 Jun 2006 at 12:18 AM.

Ebay is probably the best and cheapest way to find UK SMS stuff.

7. Aside from Ebay, try comicalgames.com. The site has some good MD, PAL SMS and others, and with great prices and shipping costs are as low as possible. If you go to Ebay, try to avoid retroboy79 as much as possible, he has a very, very good selection of SMS titles but with way to high prices.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Policenaut
    Aside from Ebay, try comicalgames.com. The site has some good MD, PAL SMS and others, and with great prices and shipping costs are as low as possible. If you go to Ebay, try to avoid retroboy79 as much as possible, he has a very, very good selection of SMS titles but with way to high prices.
    I tried them. Either they don't take non-UK Visas (without a Paypal account), or they don't ship to Canada (I think it was one or the other).
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 20 Jun 2006 at 09:52 PM.

9. I guess Retroboy send items worldwide. The problem with non UK Visas should be with comicalgames.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Sweet. Thanks.

Edit: Now I'm having a hard ass time finding a shop that sells Master of Darkness, ships to Canada from the UK AND accepts a credit card.

Welcome to my world of internet shopping.