Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Master System

1. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji
    King's Quest came out for the Master System?

http://cgi.ebay.com/sega-master-syst...QQcmdZViewItem
    Ah yes, the awesome King's Quest. First game of this type I ever played. I'll have to get back into it one of these days.

That reminds me, I have to finish Miracle Warriors too. I have a complete copy sitting on my shelf. It even has its big-ass map!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Melf

That reminds me, I have to finish Miracle Warriors too. I have a complete copy sitting on my shelf. It even has its big-ass map!
    BASTARD!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. One of my best buddies older brother had a SMS w/a ton of games, but he would beat the shit out of us whenever he caught us playing it. Asshole. Nobody around me had SMS, a damn shame too as it indeed did kick ass.
    Shithead here watched Empire and Jedi last week. Now the crazy fuck thinks he can levitate shit with his thoughts......KNOCK IT OFF!!

4. Was the master system the first console that used cards?? Y'know..like Ghost House, My Hero..etc. Or was it the pc-engine with its Hu-Cards? Maybe it was another console?? Not sure how the SMS was in japan and whether they used those cards there.

5. My former step-brother had a Master System with Double Dragon, Shinobi, Galaxy Force, and Maze Hunter 3D. The games were quite fun. I loved how Hang On was playable if you didn't put a cartridge in. That's a feature I think needs to be implemented more often.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Ah yes, the awesome King's Quest. First game of this type I ever played. I'll have to get back into it one of these days.

Was it like the PC version? How the hell did you type shit in?

7. If it hasn't been mentioned, I really liked Strider and Ghouls N Ghosts for the SMS. GNG has some different, exclusive power-ups.
    No gnus is good gnus.

Quote Originally Posted by raystorm
    Was the master system the first console that used cards?? Y'know..like Ghost House, My Hero..etc. Or was it the pc-engine with its Hu-Cards? Maybe it was another console?? Not sure how the SMS was in japan and whether they used those cards there.
    Sega's SG-1000 was the first console to have cards(unless you count the Odyssey's inserts which I probably wouldn't), originally with an adapter called the Card Catcher. Japanese Mark III/Master Systems can play these and SG-1000 cartridges.

Speaking of the PC Engine, Hudson's Bee Cards are the like the predecessors to its HuCards. I think they're the same size and shape. Bee Cards plugged into a cartridge which plugged into the MSX computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji
    Was it like the PC version? How the hell did you type shit in?
    It had a list of commands, similar to Maniac Mansion.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 03 Jun 2006 at 12:32 PM.

9. I didn't like King's Quest.... I thought the graphics was pretty bad (for SMS). But then again, I am not a big fan of these type of adventure games, some of the puzzles seem too obscure to me (I remember getting a hint book or something to finish the game). I just suck at adventure games, hehe.

10. I will be playing most of the games mentioned in this thread in the near future.

NeoZeedeater is a cool guy.