Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Master System

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    How do beat that game? I got to the big, armed wall at the end of the last stage and couldn't figure out what to do.
    With your arrow-bombs, you need to take out the guns in the wall in front of you (or whatever they are), then take out the big face in the middle (all while avoiding the bouncing bombs coming at you from the sides).

2. More games I should put in my list of notable titles:

Micro Machines

Dragon Crystal
    "Follow-up" to Fatal Labyrinth, but much better. Better than the GG version.

The Flash
    Great soundtrack from Jeroen Tel. The game's not too bad, either.

Jurassic Park
    The SMS has a few great licensed games. Like this one.

Rainbow Islands
    Some people say the NES version is better. I'm not sure I agree.

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
    Side-scrolling in. Menus out.

Montezuma's Revenge
    Probably one of the best ports.

Predator 2
    Last edited by CRV; 01 Jun 2006 at 11:59 PM.

I still play many of these games frequently on the go with a Master Gear converter. Outrun, Shinobi, Power Strike 2, and Space Harrier get about as much play as many of my newer GBA/DS games.

I do wish the gg/sms emulator on the DS worked a little better so I could get rid of the GG altogether though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    but you're right that it was the only other version of I released here in English.
    Ys 1 came out on DOS in English too, after the SMS version but before the TGCD one if I recall correctly.

And I agree with those saying Miracle Warriors was good. That's another important thing about the SMS: it introduced JRPGs to the West. Both Miracle Warriors and Phantasy Star were localized before Dragon Warrior despite being later games in Japan.

5. I totally forgot i had a Master System Converter at one time. I let a friend see it cuz i didn't have a genesis 1 at the time and now i dunno what happened to it. I found another one but didn't pick it up i wonder if it's still available

King's Quest came out for the Master System?

http://cgi.ebay.com/sega-master-syst...QQcmdZViewItem

6. I have King's Quest for the system! Great thread as usual! Brings back a lot of memories. I still have a working SMS but its so much more convenient to play it on emulation. Kenseiden, Shinobi, Penguin Land, R-Type and Phantasy Star are still some of my favorites. Some other SMS games of note: Black Belt (the reworked Fist of the North Star in the US), Miracle Warriors as mentioned before (great RPG), After Burner, Wanted (excellent light gun game) and SHANGHAI the mahjong game with like one song but it was awesome.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Ys 1 came out on DOS in English too, after the SMS version but before the TGCD one if I recall correctly.
    Awesome. I wasn't sure such a thing existed, but you're right. Adol looks like a gingerbread man, but it still looks better than the Fami version. Distributed by Broderbund, no less. Interesting.

8. I was hanging w/ a friend of mine who had recently pulled out his SMS. I was an NES owner when I was young, but I played a bunch of SMS games w/ him that day, and i have to say i was really impressed with some of the stuff they had on it. The Excitebike type game that was there (maybe the one u mentioned NeoZ, not sure) was oodles of fun. And i really wanted to get into it and play some (we actually spent a few hours with it). I'd really like to play some of that stuff again though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    I was a Master System kid. I made a huge Zillion map for the game. It was rad.
    I still have the map I made. *heh*
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Zillion was awesome, I made a map as well, you'll need it on the way out!