Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Hawk Ride

1. Tony Hawk Ride

While not really a secret, it's now confirmed that the new Tony Hawk uses a board peripheral (controllers won't work). It's the focus of this weeks GT TV.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrai...p=59&ch=1&sd=0

After 9 games and Skate. taking over they have wisely changed this franchise around. 2 years in the making it's going to be at E3. Sounds promising.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 15 May 2009 at 09:40 PM.

2. The controller could be totally awesome...

or completely and utterly wack.

Hearing that they have novice and expert modes leads me to believe there could be a really techinical game in there.

Have to wait and see when more gameplay stuff comes out I suppose.

3. I am tired of seeing every game come out with a peripheral.

4. I used to love peripherals when only the special games came with them. I'm sick to death of them at this point.

Exception- Steel Battalion. They make a sequel to that like the rumors keep saying they are and I'm all over it.

James

5. This sounds cool.

I hope they let you deal real flip tricks and shit.

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I used to love peripherals when only the special games came with them. I'm sick to death of them at this point.

Exception- Steel Battalion. They make a sequel to that like the rumors keep saying they are and I'm all over it.

James
    I can't imagine them ever making a Steel Battalion sequel. I love that game but it is such a crazy experiment on Capcom's part. The thing was the same price as the Xbox....

It was awesome though.

8. I won't believe a word of a new Steel Battalion until Capcom confirms one coming to the US, but it's nice to dream. It was an insane experiment, sure, but they sold all they made so I hope that counts as a success.

James

I really need to play that fucking game. Anyone in the tri-state own it?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. LOL <insert the lamentation of the casualization of videogames in the form of some sarcastic witticism here> LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.