Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Dirty '90s

1. *thread revival*

Dolemite mentioned Shane Black in the Iron Man 3 thread, which got me thinking about his contributions to cinema.

I was thinking about the famous "touch me again and I'll kill ya" scene (quoted by Hubbitron) from "The Last Boy Scout". It occurred to me that "The Chronicles of Riddick" really nails the dirty 90's aesthetic, especially in that scene where Vin Diesel kills a dude with a tea cup. It's a movie with plenty of flaws, but I still like it, in no small part due to its ambiance.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Considering how shitty the country is again don't be surprised to see a resurgence around 2008.
    Good call.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Thats funny. Chronicles of Riddick has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. There are a lot of parts of it that annoy me, but i still love it overal.
    Now i wanna watch it again.

I like Pitch Black.

Watched Demolition Man like two weeks ago? Still a fun movie. I suspect kids today must watch it like we watched bad B-movies in the late 80s, early 90s on USA up all night.

And man, Sandra Bullock was so cute in that movie.

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandy-b1.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	65760  

I love Demolition Man. I'll punch any punkass kid that says it's a B movie.

Three seashells for life.

8. I ended up watching Chronicles of Riddick again last night.
    There are so many hokey lines (It's been a long time since I smelled beautiful) and the main bad guy doesn't strike me at all as a very imposing figure; BUT it's still so good.

Riddick was cool, you can't go wrong with Conan in space. Pitch Black is a better movie, but Riddick is more fun, if that makes sense.

It does.