Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 06/06/06- Horror Game Replay Day

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with light!
    LIGHT...ight...ight...ight...

I...want to replay eternal darkness, but missed 06-06-06. Chalk it up for the weekend I guess.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Doom 3 was weak. It was scary for the first half hour after things go to shit, but after that it's just the same tricks over and over and over.

4. Also played Call of Cthulhu and didn't even notice the date. That game gets my vote for creepiest atmosphere ever. It reminds me in an odd way of Illbleed, since the enviroments don't feel like real locations, but movie sets, only where all the other actors have gone mad. Also most deserving game of the Mature rating I've ever played.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. I'm going to play Illbleed on the DC.This is an underrated game, that really makes me laugh. Once you get used to the bad controls, this game is actually fun to play

6. What a terrible night to have a curse.

7. I played Aplha 2 yesterday...drunk...and couldn't pull of ANY special moves. Playing SF without specials = true horror.

8. I got to the hedge maze in RE4. While the castle is noticeably lamer than the village the gameplay is much cooler. Except for the sewer, that was just stupid.

9. I played Super Ghouls & Ghosts as prophecized. Just as I remember, the game is hard as eight bitches on a bitch boat. Used up most of my continues on the level with the moving platform that twists the level back and forth, and the one where the ground turns to spikes and rotates... final resting place was the ice stage.

I also played some Castlevania: Bloodlines... LOL. Konami just didn't care about this one, did they? The sound and most of the graphics are pathetic. I like how John Morris does the Truffle Shuffle when ascending stairs.

10. The other day I picked up 6 great games at Gamestop for under 50 bucks (Eternal Darkness, RE1 for GC, Otogi, Ninja Gaiden, Shenmue II, and Panzer Dragoon Orta). I was pretty shocked at how good Eternal Darkness is (and I'm only like 2 hours into it), even though I constantly hear about how underrated it is. But Ninja Gaiden has been taking up pretty much all my time. Dunno why I waited so long to get it.

Oh, and I watched the Shenmue Movie that was included with Shenmue II. Fucking terrifying...
    Last edited by TaekwondoNJ; 07 Jun 2006 at 11:35 AM.