Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 06/06/06- Horror Game Replay Day

1. Yield 06/06/06- Horror Game Replay Day

Ghouls & Ghosts, Castlevania, Satan's Hollow, Resident Evil, Splatterhouse, Fatal Frame, whatever. Get on it. Report your findings here afterwards.

I'm itching to play some Super Ghouls & Ghosts after work, myself.

2. Only Fatal Frame is halfway scary, and it really isn't once you get used to stupid white images popping up everywhere and you are armed with a lethal bazooka, oops, I mean camera.

3. For visceral horror and fright factor, I gotta go with condemned.

4. I always though Castlevania 2 had a really creepy, foreboding atmosphere.

5. Im gonna try to keep playing through Ico... I mean, RE4.

6. I was a few days early with Condemned. Between it and Doom 3, it has been proven to me that Americans do 'scary' games better.

7. Doom 3 screws with your head if you play it with headphones on and the lights out. I know I kept getting to the point where I couldn't play it anymore, and had to go watch some TV or something in between sessions.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep
    Doom 3 screws with your head if you play it with headphones on and the lights out. I know I kept getting to the point where I couldn't play it anymore, and had to go watch some TV or something in between sessions.
    Agreed. The gimmick of having demons appear behind you was annoying -- but even knowing what was coming, the game was scary. Sometimes really scary. I think I'll pop in Condemned since I'm only about half way through it.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    it has been proven to me that Americans do 'scary' games better.
    QFT. Add Call of Cthulhu as well.
    For that matter, I think FPS's do horror better than 'survival horror' does. Take for example, and I know this has been beaten to death, Ravenholm in HL2.
    Doom 3 as has already been mentioned. Hell, even Breakdown was scary as shit.
    I think AvP2 is the scariest game I've ever played. It's made me scream out loud many times. And the old AvP for Jaguar was scary too (but not worth playing now).
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

10. Behold my true power and despair!
    I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with light!