Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1929313233

Thread: Rob Zombie's Halloween

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    No Blu Ray? I'd been wondering wtf happened to that project. Let me know how it is.
    Both Blu-Ray and DVD were released on 9/22.

Here's the first 5 minutes of the movie...looks amusing, but a bit more "zany" than I was expecting.

The other one that's been sitting on the shelf is Tyrannasaurus Rex. Just kind of disappeared once he made Halloween.
    Any idea what Rex was supposed to be about?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Nobody really knows. Though supposedly it's about an ex-con boxer in the 70's who gets caught up in an underground fight ring.
    It was supposed to come out the day Halloween 2 ended up releasing on.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    Wait a second.

Are you telling me that you didn't accept the explanation that getting shot in the head twice, blown up, sitting in a coma for 10 years before waking up and killing more people, getting shot all up, back in a coma for a year, waking and killing more people, and getting busted outta the clink by the cult which worships you and the curse that makes you kill your entire family?

That wan't a good enough explanation for why OG Myers was evil?
    I was referring to Zombie spending time on Meyers as a boy as opposed to the original where we just assume he had a nice family but he went bonkers. On a different note, the original show's Meyers get in a car and drive away fresh out of the mental hospital. Unless drivers ed is part of the program there, it seems a bit far fetched. Then I guess I should believe Meyers is the devil in human form and he can do anything without having to learn.

I was suppose to go see the second one, but not so excited anymore due to the reviews here.
    Last edited by Jason; 24 Sep 2009 at 02:08 PM.

4. Word is that Halloween 3D's cancelled.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I finally got around to watching El Superbeasto tonight. It was a really cute movie and overall it was funny and very well-done. I liked the art style a lot, the voice acting was great (much to my shock, Sherri Moon as Suzi X was one of the best, as was Paul Giamatti as Dr. Satan and whoever did the voice of his ape sidekick- however, I found El Superbeasto somewhat annoying at times), the soundtrack was hilarious, and the animation was pretty solid throughout.

I thought it tried way too hard to be zany sometimes, and it does take a little while for things to get moving, but whatever.

BTW, it was nice to watch an adult-themed, American-made cartoon for once. It's good shit.