Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Zombie's Halloween

1. Rob Zombie's Halloween

DIMENSION FILMS TO MAKE NEW “HALLOWEEN” FILM;
    AUTEUR FILMMAKER ROB ZOMBIE TO WRITE AND DIRECT

Trancas International Films to Produce Along With Rob Zombie and Andy Gould

NEW YORK, NEW YORK (June 4, 2006) – Dimension Films is proud to announce that they will make a new “Halloween” movie with Rob Zombie (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) writing, directing and serving as a producer. Malek Akkad of Trancas International Films (Halloween H20: 20 Years Later) will produce the feature along with Andy Gould of Vision Entertainment Group (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses). Zombie will also serve as music supervisor on the film. Miramax Films will co-finance the development with Dimension Films. The announcement was made today by The Weinstein Company co-chairman, Bob Weinstein.

Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic "Halloween" legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga. This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the "Halloween" franchise. The film is set for an October 2007 theatrical release.

Bob Weinstein stated, "Rob Zombie is a gifted musician and performer as well as a talented filmmaker. His vision for this new 'Halloween' is spectacular and I am thrilled to be collaborating with him and to work closely with Malek Akkad to continue the legacy built by his father, the late Moustapha Akkad."

Zombie said, "I have been a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter's original film since its release. So when Bob Weinstein approached me about this, I jumped at the chance to join forces with Dimension Films on this amazing project."

The "Halloween" story began with the 1978 release of "John Carpenter's Halloween," executive produced by the late Moustapha Akkad, founder of Trancas International Films and became the highest grossing independent film of the time. Moustapha Akkad's son, Malek, is now taking some of the reigns on this new "Halloween" project to continue the outstanding work begun by his father. Malek Akkad stated, "Trancas is very excited to be working with Rob Zombie and producing another 'Halloween' with Bob Weinstein and Dimension, the home of the franchise for the last three installments. It will be a fitting and worthy tribute to my late father."

"I am thrilled to be working again with Rob and with Dimension Films on such an iconic project that will reinvigorate 'Halloween' and Michael Myers in a truly terrifying new way," stated Andy Gould, Rob Zombie's long time manager and producer of Zombie's two previous films.

Richard Saperstein, president of production, Matthew Stein, senior vice president of production and Alex Franklin, director of development and production will oversee the project on behalf of Dimension. Bret McCartney of Trancas International will oversee production on behalf of Trancas.

Andrew Kramer, executive vice president of business and legal affairs, and Lumumba Mosquera, senior vice president of business and legal affairs, negotiated on behalf of Dimension Films. Attorneys David Fox and Jeffrey Light of Myman Abell Fineman Greenspan & Light negotiated on behalf of Rob Zombie. Attorney Wayne Kazan of Weissmann Wolff Bergman Coleman & Silverman negotiated on behalf of Akkad. Rob Zombie is represented by Paradigm.
    Well, let's see how this works...
    Last edited by BerringerX; 26 Dec 2006 at 12:07 PM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Halloween 1 and 2 were all that ever mattered to me. I wouldn't mind seeing them edited together as a 4 hour flick at some point.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. I'm sure zombie will turn this into another house of a 1k corpses bore fest.

4. As I'm sure you know, Berringer, I'm a much bigger fan of Jason and the Friday the 13th series than I ever was of Michael Myers. But even I have to admit that the original Halloween (unlike the rest of the series, which turned to total shit pretty fast) is one of the all-time classics and a really, really well-made movie.

Anyway, I heard about Zombie possibly doing a sequel/remake (of yet another movie that doesn't need it) and I'm pretty disappointed by the news. House of 1000 Corpses was a fun and campy movie, but pretty amateurish. However, Zombie really matured as a filmmaker when he did The Devil's Rejects. I was very impressed, and was looking forward to seeing what kind of movie Rob was going to do next. Personally, I'd rather see him try something original rather than jump on another series' bandwagon, especially one that's been run into the ground as badly as Halloween has.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 07 Jun 2006 at 09:39 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I'm with Dole... I hated House of 1000 Corpses, but really enjoyed Devils Rejects and wanted to see what he'd do next... I don't think he fits the role of directing and writing this... does he have love for it? sure... but that doesn't mean he can make a good one.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

I just want a Captain Spaulding movie.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. Hmm, this could be good. This news is better than having Busta Ryhmes star in the new one, or having Jamie Lee Curtis come back for yet another appearance somehow (did she finally die in the last one? I have no idea and cant remember- which should be a testament to how lame the series has gotten).

Zombie makes some pretty creepy movies. House of 1000 Corpses weirded me out so I have hope that he can interject a similar style into this one. Cant hurt it. And if Sheri Zombie stars, well that would make the next movie infinitely watchable...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    This news is better than having Busta Ryhmes star in the new one
    "Trick or Treat, muthafucka!"

And if Sheri Zombie stars, well that would make the next movie infinitely watchable...
    IBTNx1000

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. I like him as a director, but a writer...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Hmm, this could be good. This news is better than having Busta Ryhmes star in the new one, or having Jamie Lee Curtis come back for yet another appearance somehow (did she finally die in the last one? I have no idea and cant remember- which should be a testament to how lame the series has gotten).

I wouldn't know if she could still come back, but the way she went was about the lamest thing she's done for her character. They should've ended it at H20 and released a special edition so it wouldn't be so short.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"