Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista beta is now public

1. make the permission prompt go away.

The permission promt can be turned off in MSCONFIG->Tools tab->Disable UAP

2. I turned off all that shit ASAP when I installed it.

The sound blaster makes me sad though.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    The other part says fuck you, nothing is wrong with XP.
    Yes there is, it's not Windows 2000.

Vista's got some pretty cool UI features and it looks pretty sweet. Still, I wouldn't use an OS that's such a resource hog. It's going to be a long time (if not never) before there's an affordable PC that can run Vista as smoothly as my five-year-old computer runs Windows 2000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyne
    making it mandatory that people dont have POS computers so they cant blame the OS for running shitty anymore
    What the hell kind of reasoning is this? The OS runs like shit on average hardware, but it's not the OS's fault? My five-year-old computer runs Windows 2000 better than any computer I've seen run XP. It's not the hardware of the XP computers holding them back (they're far better than my PC).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    making it mandatory that people dont have POS computers so they cant blame the OS for running shitty anymore.
    Wow, way to apologize for a shitty, bloated OS. Vista doesn't chug because the hardware sucks, it chugs because it was programmed by a team of sentient pigeons. There's no reason for an OS to demand this much.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    Wow, way to apologize for a shitty, bloated OS. Vista doesn't chug because the hardware sucks, it chugs because it was programmed by a team of sentient pigeons. There's no reason for an OS to demand this much.
    No, it chugs because it's an early beta of a program that isn't due out for another six months.

Honestly, pointless bitching like this is why developers are loathe to release public betas.

6. It's not chugging on my system, and I can do the little windows key + tab in WoW still runs silky smooth, also I get around 40-50 fps in busy parts of WoW.

The sound blaster is killing me though.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    No, it chugs because it's an early beta of a program that isn't due out for another six months.

Honestly, pointless bitching like this is why developers are loathe to release public betas.
    6 Months at best, last I heard was lat Jan/Early Feb.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    The permission promt can be turned off in MSCONFIG->Tools tab->Disable UAP
    Thats not an optimal solution, UAP is a major security feature of the new OS. Hopefully MS fixes this once they hear the outcry.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx

thank you for bringing reasoning to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats not an optimal solution, UAP is a major security feature of the new OS. Hopefully MS fixes this once they hear the outcry.
    so far they have no intentions of changing it which makes me cry.

9. If they just have two settings, Retard, and I'm not a retard, don't ask me if I want to do this 8 times, that should be fine.

10. i agree. im hoping its a "feature" in one of the 8 or so variations coming out.