Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista beta is now public

1. Vista beta is now public

2. You are one angry dude.

3. Part of me says try it...

The other part says fuck you, nothing is wrong with XP.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Part of me says try it...

Listen to the other part.
    This software is pure evil.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Listen to the other part.
    This software is pure evil.
    you havnt even tried it so please stfu.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Part of me says try it...

You could always dual-boot.
    I'm going to get it as soon as the servers stop getting hammered (right now I can't get on). Just because I'm curious.
    Thanks for the link.

Dyne, can I run RAID-0 with Vista ok?
    Last edited by Burky; 08 Jun 2006 at 03:36 AM.

7. Dual boot is true... I need to clean some shit up off of my HDD anyway.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MS
    Windows ReadyBoost lets users use a removable flash memory device, such as a USB thumb drive, to improve system performance without opening the box. Windows ReadyBoost can improve system performance because it can retrieve data kept on the flash memory more quickly than it can retrieve data kept on the hard disk, decreasing the time you need to wait for your PC to respond. Combined with SuperFetch technology, this can help drive impressive improvements in system responsiveness

9. eh its just a gui upgrade that needs a decent video card to even run it, other than that shit is buried even more, 7 clicks just to get to the networks to get my ip address, and the fucking restart button is shoved into a corner and then in menu....they could have done much better.....and the uac drives me fucking nuts
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by innova
    eh its just a gui upgrade that needs a decent video card to even run it, other than that shit is buried even more, 7 clicks just to get to the networks to get my ip address, and the fucking restart button is shoved into a corner and then in menu....they could have done much better.....and the uac drives me fucking nuts
    you're so wrong. most of vistas improvements are under the hood that people will never even know about (ie security/performance). its not shit you're going to "see". and yes you should have a decent video card to run it the way its meant to look. you know you can use a classic view right? people will bitch and moan up and down that MS doesnt make changes but when they do people still bitch. theyre scrapping DOS FINALLY and making it mandatory that people dont have POS computers so they cant blame the OS for running shitty anymore. good for them i say. its time people put up or shut up when it comes to pc's and hardware.

here educate yourself
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...ture_focus.asp
    http://www.winsupersite.com/vista/
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ttpcworld/12...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
    Last edited by Dyne; 08 Jun 2006 at 05:55 PM.