Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars

1. Cars

I'm not really super hyped about this movie the way I was The Incredibles or Finding Nemo, but Pixar has yet to actually make a bad movie so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and check out Cars. They're one of the only studio's in animation who doesn't just churn out a sloppily written piece of shit with fluffly animals plastered to it.

Anyway, any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. I'm not OVERLY hyped about it, but I'll see it eventually.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. I'm sure this movie will do well, and everyone will love it. I'm just not as excited about this one as I was with The Incredibles. Something about the designs and premise in this movie just doesn't appeal to me.
    Last edited by Tenchimo Dos; 09 Jun 2006 at 11:05 AM.

4. I want to see it, but I will have major Douche chills when Larry the Cable Guy's character does his "Get R Done" line.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. I'm looking forward to it but I agree with most theres something about it that just doesn't initially appeal to me but like most have said Pixar has yet to make a bad movie

i think everyone is just on such a high from increadibles and Cars is looking to go in a very different direction with its look and feel
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I see I'm not the only one to which this premise creates not a whole lot of interest.

PIXAR's next movie is called Ratatouille and is about "the adventures of a rat named Ratatouille who lives in an extremely fancy restaurant in Paris overseen by an eccentric, world-famous chef." The cast is rumored to feature "the voice talents of: Brad Garrett as Chef, Kate Beckinsale as Esemhones, Jimmy Fallon as Frloen, Jeffrey Tambor as Banas, Harrison Ford as The Evil Andws, John Ratzenberger as Eskoimes, Martin Short as Nemral, Patrick Warburton as Wean and Bill Fagerbakke as Featner."

I think I'm already more excited about that one. But still, I'm sure Cars will be good, but I'm also sure I'm not going to see it in theaters and probably won't buy the dvd.

7. This is the redneck Pixar movie. I'll pass.

Ratatouille sounds good. Anything with Patrick Warburton in it has to be good.

8. Nascar can go die.

I'll probably see it anyway.

9. I have the same misgivings about Cars as everyone else has, but I'll see it at some point. It's Pixar, for fuck's sake.

I'm sure even a bad Pixar movie is 10x better than the rest of the drivel that passes for animation these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    I want to see it, but I will have major Douche chills when Larry the Cable Guy's character does his "Get R Done" line.
    I have no idea what that idiotic sounding line is even supposed to mean.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09 Jun 2006 at 12:32 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. I hate Larry the cable guy. But I agree it is Pixar ... it can't be horrible, but I wanna see Incredibles 2. Ratatoille looks hilarious. I watched the trailer that Avatar posted.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.