Thread: Audigy 4 compatibility with Live Drive

1. Audigy 4 compatibility with Live Drive

So I've installed an Audigy 4 but want a nice line-in for hooking up my guitar. My roommate has a Creative Live! Drive IR bay with such a hook up but we're not sure where the data cable is that would run between them, so we're unable to test if they're compatible at the moment. Doing a Google turned up nothing obvious, so in the meantime I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the two will work together.

If your card is compatible (it sounds like it isn't) the sound card itself should have a row of pins on the board. It will look almost exactly like the pins on an IDE connector for a hard drive.

I believe the Audigy 4 Pro would have the hookup (but, it would also come with a Live-Drive-like thingy) while the Audigy 4 SE (cheap version) doesn't have the connector on it to save costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. Yeah, I don't see the pins. It does have some wierd white connection adapter on the side of it but I have no clue what it's for. Maybe I can hook up my old SBLive and just use it exclusively for inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Yeah, I don't see the pins. It does have some wierd white connection adapter on the side of it but I have no clue what it's for. Maybe I can hook up my old SBLive and just use it exclusively for inputs.
    That connector is most likely the audio connector for the CD/DVD drive's audio output, which you will never use.

Check out the M-Audio stuff for something good and pretty cheap to use with your geetar.
    Here is the guitar oriented stuff they have.