Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stadium Events NES

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, has the rom for this been dumped?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Even if it has not, I really would find it very hard to believe that people are so hard up to play Stadium Events NES they are willing to pay thousands of dollars for it. This game is valuable to collectors because there are 10 complete copies, and ROMs aren't complete copies.
    Besides that, I own this exact game except it's called World Class Track Meet and it's worth $6.

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G View Post
    The Stadium Events game itsself was also transformed into World Class Track Meet which is the exact same game with only a new Title Screen and a new label
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 22 Feb 2010 at 03:35 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    That's what I don't get about collectors. They'll buy it and have it sit on the shelf unopened and take "OMG COMPLETE PICS!!!!!" Then a couple years later sell it. What the hell is the point?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gollum-smiling.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	52697  

3. Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G View Post
    in the years to come unless a hidden cache of new mint copies turns up , expect this title and the NWC 1990 carts to possibly be the action comics and superman #1s of the video game industry
    $1,000,000 for superman #1, more than twice the previous record.

4. Seinfeld?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. That is what I was thinking.

6. Sealed copy is up to 40k with 14 hours to go. Looks to be multiple legitimate bidders at that range. Going to be interesting to watch the last few minutes.

I wish I would have picked up the other known sealed copy when I had the chance:

Wednesday, September 18, 2002 4:55 PM

Hi. I'm contacting you because you were one of the bidders on my eBay auction: Nintendo NES STADIUM EVENTS factory sealed (Item # 1379259507). I have been unable to contact the high bidder through email or telephone. Therefore, I am going to offer this game to the buyer that sends me the best offer by Thursday, September 19, 2002. I have had two offers to buy the game at the closing price of $660 already, and will take the first of the two if no other offers are made by tomorrow evening. Payment must be made in 3 days unless you contact me for other arrangements. Thanks!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mman View Post
    $1,000,000 for superman #1, more than twice the previous record.
    Looks like Detective #27 (1st Batman) just trumped the Supes. Sold for 1.07 Mill

8. Can I come over and view your collection, sometime?

I'll try not to feed the kids whiskey this time.

9. I guess $41,300 was as good as it gets.