Thread: New Turbo Express $90

New Turbo Express $90

I posted this in the for sale section, but thought I would post it in here in case anyone cares. Mindrec is selling new Turbo Expresses with a sound issue for $90. These more than likely come from www.tzd.com 's stock, as they have a close working relationship. The sound issue is that the sound plays very softly when using the built-in speaker, due to an old capacitor failing. It is easily fixed.

Here is the site for the systems:

http://www.mindrec.com/index.php?mai...d=HSEXP-BADAUD

And here's a thread on pcenginefx.com detailing the fix:

http://www.pcenginefx.com/phpBB/view...ress+sound+fix
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. I've got one of these in storage somewhere. Might have to bust it out one day when I've got nothing to do and tweak with the speaker I've got.

Buying a new (albeit slightly defective) unit is tempting, but I'd rather put that money towards a DS Lite or a PSP whenever they get around to redesigning it or dropping the price.

Yeah, I thought about that...with the money I'm spending on an Express and the PC Engine flash card, I could have bought a PSP. But meh, the Express has the one thing I don't have on any of my other handhelds...SHOOTERS. And the PCE emulator on the DS sucks right now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    ...the Express has the one thing I don't have on any of my other handhelds...SHOOTERS.
    This is true. Plus the killer pinball games and Dungeon Explorer.

By the way, I ordered the TurboExpress on Thurday, got it today (Tuesday) and it kicks ass. Definately new, although the sound is too quiet, obviously. I will fix that soon. Tomorrow I should have the flash card, so my Turbo Express will have every good game ever made in Hucard format on it, mwahahahaha.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Yeah, I thought about that...with the money I'm spending on an Express and the PC Engine flash card, I could have bought a PSP. But meh, the Express has the one thing I don't have on any of my other handhelds...SHOOTERS. And the PCE emulator on the DS sucks right now.
    cough...psp emulation...cough
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX