Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Macs

1. WTB: Macs

Anyone selling or know someone who is selling macs? Either desktops or laptops? The internship I'm working at needs one cuz right now, I'm using the work station from a web company. Since they need that work station, the company I'm looking for is in search of a permanent one.

3. I have an older G3 Sapphire iMac with OSX 10.4.something installed on it. It's old and yeah, not that amazing, but it handles OS X alright. Probably not what you're looking for but I've been trying to sell this for a while.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    He has connections at apple but he wants something more affordable, used and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    I have an older G3 Sapphire iMac with OSX 10.4.something installed on it. It's old and yeah, not that amazing, but it handles OS X alright. Probably not what you're looking for but I've been trying to sell this for a while.
    Would it be able to handle graphic design? In other words, would it handle heavy programs?

5. Honestly, you're going to need a G4 or higher to not be frustrated with Adobe suite applications, etc. Try eBay, maybe? G4 iMacs are a lot cheaper now that the Intel ones have launched.

6. Don't know if this will help, but check out local school/college when they auction stuff off. You can usually get computers dirt cheap. Got my current G3 for $20 at one of those.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

7. I'd sell my G5 iMac, complete with a bunch of software, but I'd probably want more than you're wanting to pay (due to my using the money to then buy one of the Intel Macs).
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    Honestly, you're going to need a G4 or higher to not be frustrated with Adobe suite applications, etc. Try eBay, maybe? G4 iMacs are a lot cheaper now that the Intel ones have launched.
    Yea probably. They had G3s but they are so old. There is one G4 that we're using. The creative director has his own Powerbook and everyone is using Macs since they do all the other paperworks and editorial. So I either use my cheap school IBM laptop to do my work or use a station from a different company which is located downstairs.

I suggested eBay but he didnt want to deal with all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits
    Don't know if this will help, but check out local school/college when they auction stuff off. You can usually get computers dirt cheap. Got my current G3 for $20 at one of those.
    No time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    I'd sell my G5 iMac, complete with a bunch of software, but I'd probably want more than you're wanting to pay (due to my using the money to then buy one of the Intel Macs).
    How much?

9. I've got one of the swivel-neck G4 iMacs that I'm gonna be selling in hopes of getting a better desktop soon, but I absolutely refuse to go to the trouble of shipping that thing since its original box is long-gone. It can do Photoshop CS alright as long as you don't have other shit running in the background. If he'd be interested in picking it up in the Cleveland area, I'm gonna sell it for $475. DVD burner, Wireless installed, 764 RAM and whatnot.

10. have access to a university book store, the one around me was selling g4 ibooks for 699...