Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Science of Sleep

1. The Science of Sleep

The shy and insecure Stephane (Gael García Bernal) lives in a cramped apartment in Paris. When Stephanie (Charlotte Gainsbourg) moves in next door as his new neighbor, Stephane develops feelings of affection for the girl. Struggling to control his emotions in real life, he escapes into a dream world during his sleep. With a little time and some practice, he begins to learn how to manipulate the events within his dreams, but simultaneously becomes trapped inside his fantasy world by the characters he creates.

Trailer:
    http://www.worstpreviews.com/media.p...&place=trailer

From the maker of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, this is definetly at the top of my must see list.

2. Looks pretty neat if not a bit weird. I always have to wait for DVD for movies like this; they never come to my local theatre.

3. Fucking a, I thought up a movie idea that's similar to this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Fucking a, I thought up a movie idea that's similar to this.
    Did you write a concise script in 12 pt Courier and send it in to a studio too?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. These are the kind of movies I really like (quirky, imaginary types). I'm glad I live in Montreal, because there's always a chance for these kind of films to get a screening here, what with all the cultural backgrounds and heavy interest the city has for film.

6. Fuck yeah! That is so fucking sweet. ~ <3 Gondry ~

I wonder how many people will jump on the lucid dreaming band wagon after this.

none. becuase they will think it was made up for the movie

OR

think they can get trapped and need and epic movie like battle to wake back up.

8. LOL the second I saw the big hands I knew this was Gondry.

So fucking wierd, that is why I <3.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. No big hands in the trailer? I wanted to see the big hands in action.