Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD still in the game witih AM2

1. AMD still in the game witih AM2

Discuss
    I don't know how factual this is, but I'd certainly like to see some benchmarks showing these facts sometime.
    This also makes me wonder why they cut all the prices so drastically, if their cpus were actual direct competition for conroe.

2. Since when do CPUs use drivers?

3. I'm not sure I heard of the drivers before, but they do have patches.
    For example, some users of AMD X2 cpus get problems, and there is an official patch to download from their site.

4. Now it gets interesting. I want a more in depth explanation.

5. Sorry but it's the only link I got.
    I found it out from this thread on DFI-forums. There is good discussion there, maybe it's worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Since when do CPUs use drivers?
    Start Menu
    Settings
    Control Panel
    System > Hardware tab
    Device Manager
    Processor > double click
    Drivers tab

7. Well it's pretty useless if it only works in windows.
    AMD is moving everything over to AM2 soon, and they can't afford to lose linux server performance to intel.

8. Sounds like garbage. What the Enquirer is describing is completely whack. With the way x86 works, you can't have two or more processors executing the same thread without stepping all over each other. I'm willing to bet they don't have the complete story and/or got the details wrong.

9. Quote Originally Posted by outRider
    Sounds like garbage. What the Enquirer is describing is completely whack. With the way x86 works, you can't have two or more processors executing the same thread without stepping all over each other. I'm willing to bet they don't have the complete story and/or got the details wrong.
    Pretty sure this is geared towards Windows Vista and the new 64 bit architecture.

10. It's still whack, Vista or no Vista, 64 or no 64. Multiple CPUs running the same thread, given how most of today's processors work, is unfeasable.