Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Onimusha the movie

1. The game was fun, but I have a sinking feeling that this movie is doomed before it gets off the ground. Now if they actually got Takeshi Kanshiro to act it since Samanouske is designed around him, I might see it. Hell, even if they threw in Jean Reno in there I would.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Giltch
    This goes without saying, and is the case with all video-game-to-movie cash-ins. It doesn't mean they won't stop coming.
    They could so make a Onimusha movie based on O3: Demon Siege. Jean Reno and that other guy (asian) who i cant spell or pronounce. Im sure they would come on for the roles. I really think it would be a good game-2-movie translation.

3. Director Christophe Gans is bringing Capcom's Onimusha to the big screen with filming scheduled to kick off early next year. While Gans' adaptation of Silent Hill received mixed reviews for its take on Konami's horror franchise, it seems his Onimusha flick is off to a good start. According to Ain't It Cool News, Gans spilled some casting-related beans to French site DVDrama, putting actor Takeshi Kaneshiro in the role of lead demon slayer Samanosuke.

This is one of those casting "no-brainers." Kaneshiro not only performed the voiceovers for Samanosuke in the original Onimusha: Warlords and Onimusha 3: Demon Siege, Capcom designed the in-game model to look like the Taiwanese-Japanese actor. Outside of Onimusha games, Kaneshiro is probably most famous for his portrayal of Jin in the movie House of Flying Daggers.

Something about this sounds too right. When's some clueless executive going to come around and fuck this thing up the right way? Michael McWhertor

ONIMUSHA fans prepare to be happy... [Ain't It Cool]

4. Quote Originally Posted by voltz View Post
    They should just stick to making games based on film. It's better that way.
    FTW

5. I thought they modeled the hero of Onimusha after a dead guy? Or was that part 2?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    I thought they modeled the hero of Onimusha after a dead guy? Or was that part 2?
    Second one. Takeshi Kaneshiro is very much alive, and I figured they wouldn't do this if they couldn't get him... at least, it'd be very stupid to do it otherwise. I wonder if they'll work in elements of 3? If Jean Reno was involved I would see this twenty times. In the first weekend.

7. wait, Gans isn't even interested in the 2nd Silent Hill movie and will now make a boring ass adaptation of an action franchise?

lol.

8. Getting Kaneshiro to star is a good first step. Now they just need to get Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Faye Wong, travel back in time 13 years, change the plot to be about drug smuggling and whimisical love affairs in Hong Kong, fire Gans and hire Wong Kar Wai and Christopher Doyle.

If they do that I think they really might have something.

9. Well at least they're on the right track by casting Takeshi.

The Resident Evil movies didn't even use characters like Chris and Jill. Sure they used Carlos and Claire but eh, fuck them I wanted the other RE characters, Wesker, Tyrant, and the other good shit.

If anything it'll make for another cool Samurai movie that involves demons and all that good stuff.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    If anything it'll make for another cool Samurai movie that involves demons and all that good stuff.
    as long as we don't have to sit through hours of soul collecting and powering up.