Thread: Movie Club: Manchurian Candidate(June 27th - July 11)

1. Movie Club: Manchurian Candidate(June 27th - July 11)

Title: Manchurian Candidate

I decided to pick a movie that was a classic, but at the same time Controversial at the time. This is the original and not the Denzel Washington remake. Frank Sinatra did the performace of his lifetime in this movie and Laurance Harvey was a perfect fit for the role. Angela Landsbery was evil in this movie.

The remake did in fact capture the essence of this movie, but without the Cold War setting, there was something missing. You have to see this movie. I'm serious.
    Last edited by Advocate; 29 Jun 2006 at 01:00 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

This movie is fucking nuts with everything culminating up to that last "holy shit!" moment. The remake's ending is a total copout.

I'd say more but it's been a while since I've seen it. I do remember loving the trigger phrases
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Truth.
    This movie is pretty freaking awesome. I remember the brainwashing sequence as being ingenius.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

4. Gotta put this one on my list now.

5. I really like this movie. It starts out slow, but make sure you endure.

6. That's why I like the movie. The build up was outstanding. I also like how it was a political non political movie. It didn't portray either side demo/rep or conservative/liberal in any good light. I loved this movie. And it was thought provoking, IMO. Made me really take a look at the current political landscape. Din't like what I saw.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. LTTP, but seeing Sinatra bust some kung-fu moves on that "Korean" guy was fucking awesome. LOL is that praying mantis style?

8. I just got this from Netflix and will watch it soon.

Brett is supposed to pick the next movie.

9. Finally got to watch it and it was really good. This might be the first movie I've seen Sinatra in and he was great, his fight was by far the best. I saw the ending coming (he got 'em in a different order than I thought though) but it was a really cool movie through and through. It meanders a bit, but I'd recommend it to others.