Page 164 of 219 FirstFirst ... 150160162163164165166168178 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2188

Thread: Draw Something, Dammit

1. Yeller and Finch have the same birthday? Heck of a coincidence. JM: Cool design (must get one shell of a headache, harhar), do you ink over pencil sketches, or just jump in freeform (I'm guessing the latter)? I feel like I'm defusing a bomb whenever I need to ink something, so tense and sweaty by the time I'm done. Would be nice to develop some confidence with a PITT pen or ink brush.

Here's some more figure studies (non-facetious NSFW?...I mean, it's art, sorta):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	standingjess2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	597.1 KB 
ID:	65163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	standingmale.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	65160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lyingkat.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	518.1 KB 
ID:	65161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jesssketch-5.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	370.7 KB 
ID:	65165  

Last edited by FuryFox; 26 Mar 2012 at 06:03 PM.

2. I dig those Fury, the line work makes me feel like you would make nice enravings.

for the most part with my stuff I do a pretty light sketch. I keep it almost gestural, and I just figure out the details as I ink. On that one I just had the spiral of the shell in pencil, all the patterning on it is improvised, likewise with the ribbing on the tentacles. I used a zebra super fine point brush tip pen. I just got it and I think it is the nicest solid brush pen I've ever used. It has pretty great line variation and the tip keeps its shape sooo well even after bearing down on it to get those thicker lines.
    Click for full size

http://www.jetpens.com/Zebra-Disposa...r-Fine/pd/2309
    Easily one of the nicest pens I have worked with in a while.

While I am geeking out about art supplies, let me recommend the other pen I picked up when I got the Zebra. The Akashiya super fine brush pen. It is pretty fantastic, easily as good as the pilot brush pen, but it has a much finer tip. it is disposable, but I'll probably be keeping it around to dip with once it runs dry. Easily worth the $5.
    Click for full size

http://www.jetpens.com/Akashiya-New-...of-Ink/pd/4731

3. *statements made by John Martel do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Jet Pens, inc.
    Donk

4. haha, it is so true!I should get comission from those guys. It really is the only place that I know where to get this stuff. =)

5. Thanks a lot JM, now I'm going to spend a MILLION DOLLARS on Jetpens.

6. Awesome! I may have to give those 2 a shot, $7.50 seems like a great price for some excellent inking pens.

Fury I share your trepidation about inking things, I have a couple drawings just chilling out in the midway stage right now just because I'm nervous about ruining them with ink. I know I could just draw whatever it is again but it's still a daunting prospect for some reason.

Can any of you recommend a worthwhile drafting table? That'd be rad if you could.

Also: Yeller... Do you want do do the Quarantines labels again or should one of the other guys get the SUPER HONOUR of doing them?

Finch: want to do a sweet painting (?) of the band for our download cards?

Anyone else: want to do art for stickers or shirts or whatever?

Note: we probably can't pay you (outside of records or merch) unless our kickstarter goes nuts.

9. Josh: I'd love to do 'em again, last time was a point of pride.

Also: best drafting tables I've ever had have been Craigslist scores, usually for the price of 'haul this out of my sight'. No idea about brand name, but they were the Right Thing and Cheap. You might have to resurface 'em with some Borco if the table is scored up to shit, appropriate sized sheet of that might run you about $40, most art supply stores that will custom cut paper for you will have that on hand.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 27 Mar 2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Awesome! I may have to give those 2 a shot, $7.50 seems like a great price for some excellent inking pens.

Fury I share your trepidation about inking things, I have a couple drawings just chilling out in the midway stage right now just because I'm nervous about ruining them with ink. I know I could just draw whatever it is again but it's still a daunting prospect for some reason.
    Get a cheap light table/box and ink on a fresh piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Can any of you recommend a worthwhile drafting table? That'd be rad if you could.
    There are so many drafting tables on Craigslist it's hilarious. At least around here.