Page 6 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw Something, Dammit

not really. Though I do wonder if that face up in the corner is plotting my death.

She's doing some plotting.

2. Patri is better. I hate pseudo serious shit. Good job on the eyelashes.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor View Post
    Patri is better. I hate pseudo serious shit. Good job on the eyelashes.
    Thanks. She was later, so that's good. Pseudo serious?
    Donk

4. Your coloring is about a zillion times better now Andrew. That was the biggest thing that was a problem with your arts before IMO.

I will add a couple quick things:

A criminal sketch:

Odd pixelated things:

Hey, it's me:

A recent kristy versus the zombie army page:
    click here because it is big omg

5. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    He's off balance in that pose. He'd fall over backwards. Spread his feet out a little more, or shorten up the right leg (his left) just a little. The left leg looks like it's farther back than the right. Arms don't bother me. I think the veins are unneccessary and take something away. I think his upper torso's great, his lower just needs work.
    If i was doing the coloring, i'd make the dark a lot darker. Just me.
    I'll take your leg advice. The classic wrestler pose I was going for is sort of an old school pre-grapple thing. I want this guy to be over the top so I added in some veins. Maybe I'll try to render them a little better. I did throw them in at the end. (there's one on his nose too).

It doesn't look like you're trying to hide your weakness with anatomy, it looks like you're just trying to draw a good shape. He's a good shape. Do you like drawing that way? Do you like what you draw? I think you have a good style. You can tweak it to improve, but i don't think most of your drawings say, "i'm weak with anatomy." A friend of mine explained to me that some people just fall into their own way of making things look right. Think Windwaker, Doug, Kim Possible. The illustrators probably did a lot of observation, took classes, etc., but they just developed the way they draw. If you feel uncomfortable with your proportions, just draw more realistically to practice.
    The problem is that I can draw still life. Like if you have a model come in and pose for me I can render it. But in something like cartoons where you don't have the luxury of rendering the shape with variations in colour as much it really hurts me. I do like the way these drawings come out, I purposely try to draw anatomy in odd shape forms, so atleast that's right.

I like the character a lot, so maybe a realistic version of it would be cool. His head might have to shrink back down to normal size though. I just thought that for a character his head was where a lot of his character came from. Plus I tend to draw bigger heads for my cartoon work.

Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    he needs to stop making funny comics though.

He might want to start aiming for solid stand alone art, or maybe comics that focus on telling a storey of some sort.
    I've been really out of Robobo recently. It didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to. The four original comics were pretty crazy, over the top. Then the subsequent ones didn't feel as good -- like each character was a puppet or something. We didn't explain a lot, but then Jonas wanted to explain some. I don't know -- I like the Robobo and Jimmy characters but we really should change a lot about the comic. I am a lot better at drawing now though, which was my original point in going hand drawn.

I still enjoy doing it, though. I just know we need to do something to help it along like add an antagonist.

Like when I draw other stuff, like this luchador, I find I have an easier time positioning the hand, and notice things like how big his head is and how it should be. I made it smaller eventually but it really doesn't do shit for it. Keeping it big keeps a nice flow to it, especially the mask.

I was actually thinking about doing a story comic, just for my own interest (like... it wouldn't be public. Maybe on TNL and that's it) about two luchadors who go around the galaxy solving intergalactic supernatural problems like Martian Vampires, giant evil seeing eyes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I'm adding too.

First, Gingham. Trying to work her into a unified shape. Think firmly grounded. This is a new character design for her (as of ... two months ago?) and i'm just trying to develop it. Her arms are off, i like the colors.

I'd like to see her without the red background, since the addition of it makes it very graphical. She looks a lot more realistic because of the wide hips and realistic fat legs that come with said hips. Both of them have tails... furry!

Patri next. She's fatter from her last picture. I figured it helped the bii bii look.

Tell me stuff.
    I like the black outlines on her. I'm not a huge fan of big anime-inspired eyes but in this childish kind of colour palette it doesn't bother me. Her eyes are detailed enough that it really works.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Thanks. She was later, so that's good. Pseudo serious?
    I think he means how you didn't treat her flat like Patri, you applied some form and stroked her hair with texture. He likes all or nothing, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    Your coloring is about a zillion times better now Andrew. That was the biggest thing that was a problem with your arts before IMO.
    Thanks. I'm still not happy with it though.

A criminal sketch:
    LOL! This is awesome. Give me permission to redraw him in my style, plz. I love the shit eater grin you gave him too. What the hell are those pink things you have in your post -- the pixellated art? Squid bats?

This is a long fucking post. This thread is worth it though.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 09 Oct 2006 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Gingham's hawt. She's my type.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post

Odd pixelated things:

LOVE!

EDIT:

SEX

HOT

BEST THING EVER!

EDIT 2:

I liked it so much that I made a tile wallpaper out of it :3

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fe 26; 09 Oct 2006 at 01:32 PM.

8. Andrew - go for it! =D

Thanks buttcheeks, I'm not really sure what it is, just a doodle. But everything is better with pink IMO.

You should call it Faw Bat

for fucking awesome bat

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Give me some anatomical critique if you can.

Bearing in mind that your guy is caricurturized...

The most glaring omission is his lack of shoulders. They're simply not there. His tricep and bicep just feed into his trapezoids. You've even made little lines to indicate where his clavicle terminates, and it's right above the bicep. In actuality it's above the shoulder, and the shoulder feeds into the pectoral muscles. The bicep ties in underneath (in an art sense) the pec and shoulder, you have it connecting. Also, the clavicle is a stretched out S shape, they way you have it confuses it with an upper pec contour.

His left arm is definitely smaller. I can see you wanted it foreshortened some, but it's not far enough away to be any smaller, so the most severly foreshortened section might look even bigger than the right arm.

It looks like you wanted a more hunkered over "ready to getcha" stance, the main thing to advance in acquiring that in this figure would be to push his butt out in more of a classic squat position. This will bring his shoulders forward and the spine will fill in pretty naturely given his proportions.