Page 216 of 219 FirstFirst ... 202212214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2188

Thread: Draw Something, Dammit

1. Neat! Keep it up. I think if you're going to go abstract, start researching art composition rules and see if there's anything in there you find interesting. Get some painter's tape and mask off an inch around the edges of the paper, that way when you get something you really want to show off and/or sell it has that nice clean line holding it in. (also it's *really satisfying* to pull off once you've finished working)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Rock on! I love pastel, except the way they feel. I usually wear a glove if I use them now.

What kind of feedback are you looking for? It's easier to give feedback if I know what your goal with the picture was.
    Yeah, pastels can be messy, but I like seeing my fingers/hands covered in a chalky residue when I'm finished. It's kind of like getting dirty while doing yard work/wrenching on a car; creates an odd sense of accomplishment.

Hmm, good question. Off the bat, I'm not looking for validation but honest feedback. I guess feedback on symmetry, color choice, anything that I can take back to improve the next piece. Heck, even a "thumbs up" is good enough for me (at least I'll know I'm on the right track). Been debating joining an artists' guild so I can sell my works.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Neat! Keep it up. I think if you're going to go abstract, start researching art composition rules and see if there's anything in there you find interesting. Get some painter's tape and mask off an inch around the edges of the paper, that way when you get something you really want to show off and/or sell it has that nice clean line holding it in. (also it's *really satisfying* to pull off once you've finished working)
    Thanks for the tip, Yeller! Yeah, I've been trying to do things free-hand, but I definitely see the value in using things like painter's tape and the like to make cleaner lines.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 31 Jan 2018 at 02:40 PM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

3. I just have trouble giving constructive feedback, especially for an abstract work.

Jumping from what Yeller said, the lines butting up to the edges of the canvas stress me out on the right-side image. More breathing space around that central curvy form would make it more peaceful. I don't get a particularly aggressive rhythm coming through on this peace, so it feels like a more peaceful spacing would fit with this. I feel like the curves on the right-side have become squished a little in order to fit on that side of the panel, too.

Left image I think you could go a lot further with the gradient from blue to purple. Depending on the colors you have available, you could get an even darker blue and a lighter purple in there to help give you more values to transition through. I can't really see enough detail in this image, but have you considered the direction you are drawing in, too? If you are stroking the pastel in the direction of the spiral it could have a lot of strong energy, and you could get an interesting gradient effect if you are working with a limited amount of colors.

Also, .
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. Type Ryan's file only shows up as a 1x1 pixel thing that I can't see

A couple of recent things I've worked on, a little stuff on the computer and some work with Copic markers I got for Xmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Nice, Pineapple! I like the last one. I'll try to post some things I worked on last week, as well as the touch-up for my spiral.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. I like the style of the last one, do you draw in that style much?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Nice, Pineapple! I like the last one. I'll try to post some things I worked on last week, as well as the touch-up for my spiral.
    Okay. Here they are. Some of these I was just messing around. I kind of like where the bottom-left one was going, and I was trying to work on layering in the bottom-right one - I think I know what I can improve to make the lines stand out more. Definitely learning that it's all about repetition and practice, practice, practice! Also need to buy more pastels - my blues are all but gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I like the style of the last one, do you draw in that style much?
    Honestly that was the first time in a while I've gone back to that style, it's pretty much the only way I used to draw years ago and I've tried being more controlled with my lines in the past few years. I'm glad you guys like it, though, and now that I have some great .005mm markers again I'll try and do some more!

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Okay. Here they are. Some of these I was just messing around. I kind of like where the bottom-left one was going, and I was trying to work on layering in the bottom-right one - I think I know what I can improve to make the lines stand out more. Definitely learning that it's all about repetition and practice, practice, practice! Also need to buy more pastels - my blues are all but gone.
    I really dig these, the blue and green one in the middle especially draws my attention. Pastels are so great for their smoothness and blending, I haven't used them since taking a figure drawing class in college but they used to feel so good.
    I could totally see you filling up a wall with things like this, and I hope you do and share it with us!

9. 46FE9D8A-A07E-4D34-8B9C-8C8A1E846E03.jpeg
    been working on this, not done just yet
    I think it's coming along nicely though
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I really dig these, the blue and green one in the middle especially draws my attention. Pastels are so great for their smoothness and blending, I haven't used them since taking a figure drawing class in college but they used to feel so good.
    I could totally see you filling up a wall with things like this, and I hope you do and share it with us!
    Thanks! That Blue/Green one somehow turned out to look like some sort of Aztec/really old indigenous art. I'm going to start working on more shading/layering, similar to what was done on the bottom-right piece, so I'll post it when I get to it (been busy on my end).