Thread: TNL Comic/Manga Club: X3:The Last Stand

1. TNL Comic/Manga Club: X3:The Last Stand

This thread is for recommending stories to complement or enhance the viewing or discussing X3.

My recommendation is the classic Dark Phoenix saga from John Bryne and Chris Claremont. I'd wait until after viewing the movie on that though, cause even with it's antiquated visuals, Dark Phoenix makes X3 look amateur at best. It's available in several different trades. So check it out.

2. I think I magneto really adds alot to what magnetos goals are in the film. Not to mention it's a one shot and in the wizard collection.

I think any number of homosexual literature might help you understand X3 a bit better.

This really isn't meant as a trolling post but much like Superman Begins = Christ, X3 = The gay rights movement.

ok, I guess it really is trolling
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    This really isn't meant as a trolling post but much like Superman Begins = Christ, X3 = The gay rights movement.

Really the whole mutant thing relates to anything like the gay rights, or Jewish Persecution, black rights, or the women's movement of the 70's.

True but the idea of acceptance or disappointment when one is born into a family seemed to the overall theme of X3. Rogue in effect sells out by becoming a "breeder" so she can fit into society better.

I'm sure there are comic books out there illustrating these scenarios (and I'm sure they're chock full of overused cliches on alienation and whatever).
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. Astonishing X-Men: Gifted

Astonishing X-Men: Gifted
    Dream-team creators Joss Whedon (TV's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) and John Cassaday (Planetary, Captain America) present the explosive, all-new flagship X-Men series - marking a return to classic greatness and the beginning of a brand-new era for the X-Men! Cyclops and Emma Frost re-form the X-Men with the express purpose of "astonishing" the world. But when breaking news regarding the mutant gene unexpectedly hits the airwaves, will it derail their new plans before they even get started? As demand for the "mutant cure" reaches near-riot levels, the X-Men go head-to-head with the enigmatic Ord, with an unexpected ally - and some unexpected adversaries - tipping the scales! Collects Astonishing X-Men #1-6.

Recommended Soundtrack:
    Doves - The Last Broadcast (2002)

Links:
    Wiki: Astonishing X-Men
    Marvel Comics' Astonishing X-Men
    Whedonverse: X-Men