Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: TurboGrafx-16

The Turbo only had two-button controllers in the US. Explain to me how MK would have made them millions.

2. they would have had to bring over the six button pad that they had in Japan, then they could have brought out Street Fighter', then they could have brought out the arcade card and the couple of Neo Geo ports that imo were superior to the SNES/Genesis ports.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JesusC View Post
    they would have had to bring over the six button pad that they had in Japan, then they could have brought out Street Fighter', then they could have brought out the arcade card and the couple of Neo Geo ports that imo were superior to the SNES/Genesis ports.
    They were better yes, but they were shit games to begin with. Neo Geo fighters didn't come into their own until Samurai Shodown and Kof '98.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The Turbo only had two-button controllers in the US. Explain to me how MK would have made them millions.
    They also had a three button pad, but I'm refering to the
    fact that if they didn't pass on exclusive rights and the
    franchise took off like it did and the Turbo Super CD would
    have been the only version if would have possibly changed
    the console wars in the Turbo's favor.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    They were better yes, but they were shit games.
    Being a fan of Fatal Fury Special and to a lesser degree World Heroes, I disagree.

6. Quote Originally Posted by JesusC View Post
    Being a fan of Fatal Fury Special and to a lesser degree World Heroes, I disagree.

Bad taste.

7. so you like the taste of my cock, but not my games. I can live with that.

8. Quote Originally Posted by neoalphazero View Post
    The SNES came out of the gate with a lot of games that maintained their quality throughout the system's life, I still love Actraiser, Super GnG, UN Squadron, and Castlevania IV. By comparsion, the Turbo and Genny didn't quite have the same strong launch games though there were a few noteworthy examples.
    Nitpicking, those SNES games you mentioned were launch window, but not launch titles. They have all aged great though, even with Super GnG's slowdown.

The Genesis launch games might not look as good, but they're still great to play. Golden Axe, Ghouls 'N Ghosts, Space Harrier II, and Revenge of Shinobi are still tons of fun.

Damn, when you think about it, the 16-bit era had some incredible launch window games. Anyone today would have had to sell their ass in town to buy all those titles.

Well the Arcade Card was supposed to come out in the US so
    MK running on that would be a killer app.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Nitpicking, those SNES games you mentioned were launch window, but not launch titles. They have all aged great though, even with Super GnG's slowdown.

The Genesis launch games might not look as good, but they're still great to play. Golden Axe, Ghouls 'N Ghosts, Space Harrier II, and Revenge of Shinobi are still tons of fun.

Damn, when you think about it, the 16-bit era had some incredible launch window games. Anyone today would have had to sell their ass in town to buy all those titles.
    Yeah, launch day on Genesis wasn't spectacular but its first few months were excellent. The TG16's first few months were damn good too: Blazing Lazers, Alien Crush, Legendary Axe, R-Type.