Thread: TurboGrafx-16

Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    Anyways if they did bring SF CE here it would
    have been the best version.
    Confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Oh! Yeah, that'll do it. I take for granted that some people are still using TE/GT regularly. Me, I'll just stick with PSP, I can play the CD games on that too. Still, if you want to use the original hardware and games, a converter does make a hell of a lot of sense for that. There's always flashcarts too.
    Yeah, I'm using a flashcard. I actually made a decision a few months back on if I was going to buy a TGExpress/flash cart combo, or a PSP, they were about the same price. That's a hell of a tough choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    this begs the obvious queston. did MK sell a ton because of the already installed userbases? because i dont remember it being a system mover per se. therefore with such a small base and being exclusive to the Turbo, MK could have been buried.
    It probally wouldn't have been buried if it was released as
    the first home version. It's been awhile but the MK arcade
    game had people in lines to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    I have both LoX games, and while I agree that more people need to play them and they are two of the era's most impressive titles, saying they look on par with anything worth playing from the 32-bit era is absurd.
    Vasteel when I say as good as a 32 bit game, I'm only
    talking about another 2-D game. I have never seen a game
    that looked as good as LOX, the multiple scrolling layers,
    the colors, every excruiating detail.

5. My converter work around is US Turbo with Booster+ and a jap Duo R. Able to play/save all games of all regions. I still have a stack of JPN games that i need to play though...

6. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    They were better yes, but they were shit games to begin with. Neo Geo fighters didn't come into their own until Samurai Shodown and Kof '98.
    Fatal Fury Special is actually good and World Heroes is allright. Sure, they would not have had the name recognition of Street Fighter II or Mortal Kombat- but they still would've been good to bring over.

A 16 Mbit arcade card version of MK would probably have gotten around the infamous Sega-CD Shang Tsung loading problem while offering better sound and graphics with some more color onscreen than the Genesis one. All characters could be kept in RAM during the dungeon stage to let ST morph without load time.

Street Fighter II' didn't do anything for PCE probably because it was just Champion Edition at a time when Genesis and SNES were getting both Turbo and CE in one cart.

7. As someone that never had TG16 what games should I expect and/or hope to see on the Wii virtual console?

8. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    As someone that never had TG16 what games should I expect and/or hope to see on the Wii virtual console?
    the same ones those of us who have played a TG-16 are expecting?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    the same ones those of us who have played a TG-16 are expecting?
    Which are?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Which are?
    Expect: Bonk sequels and Air Zonk, NEC/Hudson owned games(maybe Blazing Lazers, Neutopia, New Adventure Island), maybe some of the Namco and Taito arcade ports if they're in on VC.

Don't expect: CD games, licensed stuff, ports of Sega and Capcom games since they were done by other companies, obscure third-party stuff(Gomola Speed, Aeroblasters), a lot of import stuff.