Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: TurboGrafx-16

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Man, I had to do it at the time, but I really regret selling my complete U.S. collection. Fuck. The prices now are fucking scary. This is probably my favorite system of all time for whatever reason but there's no way I'm paying $300+ for a Duo and the games are stupidly expensive.
    My collection was far from complete, but I still had a pretty massive Turbo library (along with the full Turbo16, CD, Booster, TurboDuo, and tap + five controllers for each) that I sold to help fund my going over to live in Japan back in the day. Realistically, I'd probably not even play the thing much anymore, but I still miss it. There was just something about that system, its overall design, the controllers, the games, the cute little HuCards, all of it that just made me love the Turbo.

That's also part of the residual junk that builds up inside of you after you've been a "collector" for any length of time, though—that feeling that you're life is missing out for some reason on having a bunch of stuff that, at least in my case, I honestly would have more to have than to use.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. The TG-16 is the one system I pull out every so often just to look at the packaging and the design. I really loved that system, but let's be honest: I'm remembering simpler times in my life..

3. I'm just starting to seriously dig in to the library, I'd say it can definitely hang with early Genesis and it's QUITE a bit better than early SNES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    They aren't cheap, but I usually pick them up when people are doing group buys for a discount and pay for them by selling pricey games.

SNES $60
    TG16 $60
    Genesis $120 (Mega version)
    Sms/GG $70 each
    FC: $70

I want to upgrade to the SD2SNES when another group buy happens, and I should probably get the n64 one someday.
    60 doesn't seen too bad for some of them. If you become part of a SD2SNES group buy let me know I would be down for sure.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Alrighty, just remember that the SD2SNES is the most expensive cart there is, it's $190 regular price, so group buy pricing would still be something like $160 or so. The only reason I'm considering it is because selling Megaman X2 and X3 would more than make up for the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    The TG-16 is the one system I pull out every so often just to look at the packaging and the design. I really loved that system, but let's be honest: I'm remembering simpler times in my life..
    I always a little disappointed we didn't get the small PC Engine design here instead. I didn't see it in person until later but it looked cooler in magazine pics. My local mall did end up having a SuperGrafx for sale but I couldn't justify $300 on that.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Alrighty, just remember that the SD2SNES is the most expensive cart there is, it's $190 regular price, so group buy pricing would still be something like $160 or so. The only reason I'm considering it is because selling Megaman X2 and X3 would more than make up for the difference.
    Ohh I know, but it just seems to do more than the everdrive. I want an SD2SNES badddd. My friend just got one for Christmas and was teasing me with MSU Link to the Past.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. I never knew about Bloody Wolf! Lots of Operation Wolf stuff going on here, I wonder if it's an intentional nod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Man, I had to do it at the time, but I really regret selling my complete U.S. collection. Fuck. The prices now are fucking scary. This is probably my favorite system of all time for whatever reason but there's no way I'm paying $300+ for a Duo and the games are stupidly expensive.
    I've been sitting on the same 8 titles for over 15 years. I kept thinking about getting more titles on the cheap, like Bloody Wolf, but the last couple of years the prices have jumped by as much as 150%. Maybe I'll get a title like Victory Run or Vigilante, while they are still affordable.

You should take a peek at the sale thread I posted a couple of weeks ago.