Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71719202122 LastLast

Thread: TurboGrafx-16

1. fun.

2. >>go forward

woops, it was dark, you fell, broke your neck and now you're dead, try harder next time

3. There's a lot of neat animation in that game and not much else.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    loading>>go forward>>loading

woops, it was dark>> loading>> you fell>>loading>> broke your neck>>loading>> and now you're dead>>loading>> try harder next time>>loading
    fixed.

5. I'd still like to track down Beyond Shadowgate someday. Despite never actually finding anything ( and frankly not likely) anytime I'm at a Goodwill or thrift I'll rummage through music CDs in case a Turbo CD got mixed in.

Yeah, I just got into Turbo stuff a few years ago and was pretty lucky with my finds. Ended up getting a ton of stuff locally, a few from SSJN, and a hell of a lot of games from people splitting up their collection on pcenginefx.com. They've been nothing but extremely welcoming and pleasant to deal with, but they're super wary of new people because of the huge potential for scalping. Even ended up getting a US Duo locally for $100 because the sound didn't work on CD games. A simple cap replacement fixed it right up.

I'm a big sucker for CD versions of old games with arranged soundtracks, cutscenes, dialogue, etc. so I love the system. R-Type CD, Strider on Arcade CD, RCR with voice acting, etc.

It's a goddamn shame how poorly it was handled in the US. Everything was two years behind, competing with Genesis when it should have blown the NES away instead =/

7. Oh man, is that what's wrong with my Duo? I replaced the caps when I bought it maybe ten years ago because none of the sound worked. That did the trick, but now the CD audio is failing. Could the new caps already be shot?

It's possible, or the laser may need adjustment or replacement. Duo lasers are cheap and common. I'd recommend sending it to chop5 or Keith Courage on pcefx and just tell them to fix it.

Yeah, Keith handled mine. Great work.

He also fixed my Duo.

10. So the question is...brief case or duo?