Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: TurboGrafx-16

1. PC-E HuCard Gradius and Super-CD Gradius II. Both are fantastic ports that each include an exclusive extra stage (the dinosaur graveyard in Gradius and the desert temple in Gradius II). The only problem though is the loading in Gradius II, which is really abrupt. After clearing a stage the game will simply stop for about 8 seconds while the system loads the next level. It's a little disconcerting as it looks like the console has just crashed. Was it that hard for Konami to put a little "NOW LOADING" message somewhere on the screen?
    "with new weapons perceived some disquieting movement"

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerks
    Eventually I got a SNES, and made one of my biggest regrets ever. I traded all my Turbo stuff in for Raiden Trad for SNES (got a whole $60 credit, and it was one of the few games i could afford). I liked Raiden well enough, but was disappointed when I beat the game the first time I played it. That was the last time I ever seriously traded anything in.
    That must hurt, especially since Raiden is better on the Turbo and Genesis than on SNES.

I made the mistake of selling all my Turbo stuff in 1994/1995 for college and putting money towards 32-bit consoles. I did need money for those things but what was stupid is that I kept most of my common Genesis and SNES stuff since I liked those consoles a bit more. I should have sold easily retainable stuff like my Sonic games instead. I have been slowly rebuilding my Turbo collection over the past decade.

3. it does hurt, especially considering how anal i was about keeping all the boxes mint and such.
    i must go weep now.

4. A pal of mine is making a Batman game from Riot Zone. Riot Zone is pretty sad as far as beat em ups go, but I still like it. Can't wait to play my friends hack. He also modified Gate of Thunder by replacing the GoF ship with the ship from Thunderforce III, and put in music from TF III, and V. It's pretty cool.

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I didnt own one of these, didnt care about it, thought it was stupid. Fuck the TurboGrafx-16.

If Yoshi thinks Im not a hardcore gamer because I didnt like this crappy thing, Ill be fine.
    Just outta curiosity, why do you always take up space on TNL just to let us know that you hate almost everything there is to hate?

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Oh, and as a whole Tecmo stands no chance against Capcom or Konami.
    Way to go out on a limb there.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Pocoroba
    Nonsense,

Ninja gaiden and Tecmo Super Bowl are two of the best series ever to grace a console!
    Agreed... just like...

Castlevania
    Contra
    Darkstalkers
    Final Fight
    Gradius
    Metal Gear
    Resident Evil
    Silent Hill
    Street Fighter
    etc... but not Mega Man.

7. Agreed, I NEVER liked Mega Man.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    This thread brought back some fond memories. I sorely regret selling my TG-16 with all my games
    Same. And I really dont want to have to go track down all of my old favorites on this again. If Nintendo really does deliver a true to speculation VC of Turbo games on its Wii then, by God, Ill be a happy man. It just almost seems too good to be true that they are planning to do that. And as good as it sounds I just dont think I believe they will follow through on this until I see it in front of me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Same. And I really dont want to have to go track down all of my old favorites on this again. If Nintendo really does deliver a true to speculation VC of Turbo games on its Wii then, by God, Ill be a happy man. It just almost seems too good to be true that they are planning to do that. And as good as it sounds I just dont think I believe they will follow through on this until I see it in front of me...
    Exactly. If it does happen, and I hope beyond hope it does, it would truly be the McIllin'.
    What I feel is more likely though is the same first party Nintendo stuff, plus Bomberman and maybe Bonk.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

10. This thread finally reminded me of when I asked my grandma for Splatterhouse back in the day and she ran out and got it for me and then after my ma watched me play it for a while she made me sell it.

............. aw fuck it there isn't a smiley strong enough to convey how I felt back then.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html