Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: TurboGrafx-16

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I'm going to go with the first part of that sentence. Personally I feel the entire genre peaked at ESP RaDe but I still enjoy a lot of the offerings before and since.
    Agreeance on ESP Rade, it's the only shooter besides DoDonPachi I actually played to hell for score. Too bad its sequel was rather disappointing.

Anyway, bullet hell games can be good, but games like Mars Matrix are just abusive. I'd give a hearty recommendation to the Shrine Maiden (TouHou) game series for the PC for a really great example of bullet hell shooters.

EDIT: On-topic, I'm really hoping at least some of these will end up on the Wii virtual console as well. I missed out on a bunch of this back in its day.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    If that pic of a suitcase full of reproduction Wii controllers Kotaku posted is real, I'd love to use a TurboPad for NES games.
    Where can I see this pic?

3. Ninja Spirit FTW!!! i bought a Turbo Express just for that game. Best Ninja game EVER!

when the Wii is released, i really hope that NS will be available.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe
    Where can I see this pic?
    http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/movies/...ase-180527.php

Was printed in Edge, it seems.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlame
    So, are most if any of these games going to be on Wii's Virtual Console? They all look pretty darn good and it's a shame I missed out in the system's heyday.
    Getting a large library of TG-16 games would be too good to be true. They'll probably have the most mainstream of games available for download. I really don't see what Nintendo would be losing by making every game available. It only costs them licensing and bandwidth.

It would be cool to see imports available because the TG-16 had an import scene like the Saturn, but that's too good to be true.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

6. Agreeance on ESP Rade, it's the only shooter besides DoDonPachi I actually played to hell for score. Too bad its sequel was rather disappointing.
    ESPRade has no sequel. I assume you're talking about ESPGaluda, which has one and only one thing in common with it -- half of the title. Or were you talking about Dodonpachi's sequel?

I think bullet hell games too are a bit much, but it's nice at least that there are still varying levels of difficulty in the genre. ESPGaluda: Easy. DOJ: Hard as nails. When's the last time anyone picked up an RPG and said, "man, that was really challenging?". Don't get me wrong, I like playing RPGs, but for the most part, they're just time-consuming anime.

EDIT: On-topic, I'm really hoping at least some of these will end up on the Wii virtual console as well. I missed out on a bunch of this back in its day.
    Guess I should go back on topic too. Have you tried Magic Engine? It is very accurate. I can't imagine VC being much better. I don't think they've mentioned whether SCDs will be available in VC either, which of course, is where an assload of great games are.

7. The ONLY thing I disliked about my Duo was the incredibly short contoller cords. They had to have been 2, maybe 3 foot long. I miss it so much otherwise.

8. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    Ninja Spirit FTW!!! i bought a Turbo Express just for that game. Best Ninja game EVER!

when the Wii is released, i really hope that NS will be available.
    Ninja Five-O outdones Ninja Spirit in every way.

9. I didnt own one of these, didnt care about it, thought it was stupid. Fuck the TurboGrafx-16.

If Yoshi thinks Im not a hardcore gamer because I didnt like this crappy thing, Ill be fine.

10. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I didnt own one of these, didnt care about it, thought it was stupid. Fuck the TurboGrafx-16.

If Yoshi thinks Im not a hardcore gamer because I didnt like this crappy thing, Ill be fine.

LOL, need a tissue or a tampon? It's not a big deal.

I rather enjoyed the TG-16, mostly for Devils Crush and Castlevania myself. I will really have to try some of the games you fella's pointed out.

Oh and Legendary Axe, kicks your face in.

Edit, oh shit, how could I forget about Military Madness, I must have sank 50 hours in that game over a one week span when my buddy let me borrow it.
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 02 Jul 2006 at 10:45 PM.