Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wtb Ikaruga DC

1. Ikaruga is going to very much be a love or hate for you, it does come off as a simpler presentation than Silvergun (beautifully so IMO).

If you decide to give shooters a try consider these:

PS2:

Gradius V- kidney punches every other Gradius game made, excellent game.

Castle of Shikigami 2- Released at $10 in the US, Naomi graphics but a well-balanced game with a great cast of distinctive characters.

Any Cave games if you have a import capable PS2...

DC:

Zero Gunner 2- Graphics are still pretty sharp, a bit more forgiving than current shmups and the ablity to attack in 360 degrees was and still is a unique mechanic.

Under Defeat or Border Down- Neither game is much for power-ups but both are top-notch shooters. *-neo

2. The problem with shooters are their price. I want to give Under Defeat a try, but $60+ is nuts. I'll probably still try it, Im trying to get into shorter play experiences because of time constraints, but I'm gonna rely on emulation for virtually anything else.

3. Truth. Whatever you have to do. It's rare to see a shooter go down in price but it seems wrong to have to put down inflated prices for Zanac X Zanac or Border Down. *-neo

4. Btw Castle Shikigami's ps2 release has probally the WORST translation job ever. Easily worth the $10 that alone.

5. Castle Shikigami 2 = Mobile Light Force 2, right?

That shit is like $3.99 used at EB/GS.

Quote Originally Posted by neoalphazero
    Truth. Whatever you have to do. It's rare to see a shooter go down in price but it seems wrong to have to put down inflated prices for Zanac X Zanac or Border Down. *-neo
    Zanac X Zanac is ridiculous. So is Border Down. Sucks.

Soukyuugurentai and Dodonpachi both seem to have come down a bit from 2002 levels.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    Castle Shikigami 2 = Mobile Light Force 2, right?

That shit is like $3.99 used at EB/GS.
    Actually Mobile Light force 2 is the first Castle Shikagami, MLF1 is a PS1 port of Gunbird or Gunbird 2 (Forgot which.) They released Castle Shikagami 2 as its appropriate name, and that's the translation Marskitten is referring to. It's horrendous but funny as hell.

7. Not to mention the GC probably has the shittiest controller ever for a shooting game. W/ a DC you can do the stick thing.

8. Thanks for the payment, sorry about the wait.

9. NP, I was trying to find a place to buy the spine card from yesterday. I am pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    I was trying to find a place to buy the spine card from yesterday.
    You suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    I am pathetic.
    No shit.