Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reworking this forum

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    No, people in charge fucked up when cleaning it up and then ignored people who said they fucked up.
    Since I wasn't around for this, what was it that they did that people disliked?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I'd like to see that, as long as seller feedback threads (IE - Melf's friendly trader thread) aren't removed or prevented.
    But, see, wouldn't that just continue the problem? The problem right now is that opinions on a certain trader are in multiple threads, because instead of threads being about the people you're giving the opinion on, threads are about the people giving opinions.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Thanks for specifying what the problem is; you're right, my proposal would continue that problem. My reasoning for mentioning it was that I was concerned that existing feedback threads would be lost. The best middle-ground solution I can think of would be to comb through the feedback threads and compile information on each trader, with the end result being threads made up of the current trading feedback and new, maybe separated by date alongside a quoted feedback post. Here's a rough sample of what I mean:

Thread title - Feedback on Melf
    Contents of first post - All existing feedback on him as a trader:
    Quote Originally Posted by X on 6/26/04
    Our trade went off smoothly. Payment arrived quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y on 1/2/05
    Good seller. Item arrived quickly.

and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 10 Jul 2006 at 04:46 AM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Since I wasn't around for this, what was it that they did that people disliked?
    I know that someone made a thread about me and it was filled with trades I did. The mods changed the thread title to make it about the person that made the trades (like, changing the title from "diff-chan" to "___'s feedback"), and most people just say, "trade went fine, yay". When I pointed it out to Melf and whatever other mods they were basically like LAWL fuck you. So I lost all this feedback in an instant.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 10 Jul 2006 at 09:44 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    I know that someone made a thread about me and it was filled with trades I did. The mods changed the thread title to make it about the person that made the trades (like, changing the title from "diff-chan" to "___'s feedback"), and most people just say, "trade went fine, yay". When I pointed it out to Melf and whatever other mods they were basically like LAWL fuck you. So I lost all this feedback in an instant.
    Wow... that's f**king stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    f**king
    Did you really just censor yourself?

6. Why not install iTrader? It's by far the best solution for trading on a forum that I've seen. CAG uses it, here's what the main page looks like:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/itrader_main.php

When a trade is completed, you leave the feedback through there, and then it is right in the person's profile, all organized and easily searchable.

Or does it not run on TNL's version of vBulletin? I noticed that CAG is running a later version of VB.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    fuck fucking fucker.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I've always done that. Josh just doesn't read my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Why not install iTrader? It's by far the best solution for trading on a forum that I've seen. CAG uses it, here's what the main page looks like:
    I started looking around a bit for something like that, so thanks for the head's up.

I think I'm going to be upgrading our version of vBulletin soon, so once I do I'll see if that's something I can get installed.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    That's plain and utter bullshit. The only person who organized the feedback forum was me, and all I did was take all the posts about you and put them in a single, solitary thread. I then changed the name of the thread to "diffusionx's feedback thread," and you protested.

All the feedback "you lost" was composed of single posts spread across almost a dozen different threads on four or five pages. I only consolidated it all into a single one. I did the same for everyone.
    Last edited by Melf; 10 Jul 2006 at 05:50 PM.

10. Melf ruined Trade Depot.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico