Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eureka seven

1. I watched the first 20 or so episodes and just couldn't take it anymore. Renton is almost as much of a whiney bitch as Shinji, which might almost be bearable if the rest of the show actually had anything interesting in it. The show spends too much time rubbing our faces into Renton's childhood infatuation with Eureka and not enough time telling us why this ragtag group of rebels fights the evil government. This is one of the shows I haven't missed much since cancelling my cable.

I saw the first episode and got really angry. I'm sick of anime like this, it's the kind of thing you see Newtype build up becasue of the big names and studio, and it just feels really bland. No emotional connection. You have to force yourself to even be even a little intrested in whats going on. The mecha designs don't help either, especially with that lame ass wave riding bullshit. It like when I saw Full Metal Alchemist, and was really board by it, but everyone said to stick with it, and I went to episode 10 and just had to stop. I actually like normal mecha anime, Gundam style or Gao Gai Gar style. Its great that inane and pointless shows like Eureka 7 have insane budgets, but something as classic and interesting as Now and Then, Here and There suffers quality do to budget constraints. If you liked the show though, I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just trying to express how I just can't connect with this kind of neither here nor there style of storytelling some anime get into.
    The only thing I believe in is burning passion.

3. I hope you weren't talking crap about FMA...

I thought the middle episodes were pretty good. I liked that Holland actually beat the shit out of Renton.

the start and ending eps are generic though