Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird and/or unique games

1. Game: SGGG(Segagaga)
    Developer/Publisher: Hitmaker/Sega
    Format: Dreamcast
    Year: 2001

Man, I hope this game gets a translation some day as it mixes in so many Sega characters and history. It's a simulation/RPG where you're a kid in charge of running Sega and bringing it back to profitability. If you're interested in seeing the ending, someone at the insertcredit forums put this up recently. Last boss battles do not get cooler than this.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhhs5UpGrRE
    Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yz_Oi_6w0Q
    Fuckin' awesome.

2. Fantastic list of stuff, Neo. I regret not buying Pac-Pix a couple weeks back for $8 given how unique it seems to be. I've got Tales of the Sun, and I just couldn't get into it. I had fun just running around, but it didn't grab me the first time around.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Thank you for including Pepsiman. When people see it on my shelf they always want to see it, and I don't think anybody's been disappointed yet. That game is pure ridiculous joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I've got Tales of the Sun, and I just couldn't get into it. I had fun just running around, but it didn't grab me the first time around.
    Sell it to me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    Sell it to me.
    I don't think trading with Jeremy is the best idea...

5. Pepsi for TV Game

6. I read somewhere that Segagaga had something in it that was taken out in later versions of the game due to some legal issues. Is there any truth to this? If so, what were the specifics?

7. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth should be on this list.
    Time for a change

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    I read somewhere that Segagaga had something in it that was taken out in later versions of the game due to some legal issues. Is there any truth to this? If so, what were the specifics?
    Tom Kalinske

9. well since you asked for impressions on cubivore. i didnt care for it, but it was a very interesting feel. incredibly simplistic gameplay, and generally linear level design. something about the atmosphere and text used remind me of an atari 2600 game. there probably is a really deep game somewhere deep within it once you unlock enough evolutionary parts, but it just didnt engage me when i rented it. has some great quoteable lines though.

oh and is eternal darkness on the list? as a survival horror game it lacks some tension due to how strong your characters are, and how easy it was to ehal once you elarned the right spell. but the storyline was very impressive, significantly derivative of lovecraft, but that was part of its charm, you could do everything right and still would die anyhow, for a game that was different. and the insanity effects were cleverly implemented.
    Last edited by frostwolf ex; 14 Jul 2006 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

10. Hey Neo, I have a copy of Cubivore I'm willing to sell. PM me an offer of what you think is a fair price.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios