Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 91101103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,047 of 1047

Thread: Heroes on NBC

1. People lived in both of those islands before the French and Spaniards decided to set foot on them. And during that time that the French weren't on Hispaniola, the eastern side of the island was always better for agriculture. I guess that was probably a deciding factor.

2. Look at what the french left for the native haitians. They just took the resources and enslaved the people. The spanish colonized and built up the culture and left people behind to spread the empire.

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    They did say that, but then Tim Krieg said they changed their minds because they had really taken to the current crop of characters. He said something like a week or two after the original line about the "not a direct continuation" thing was spread around. This was all 2/3 of the way through the 1st season.
    I'm kind of disappointed. It's not like they had to redo EVERY character, but changing the location and not focusing on some of the more minor characters in the show they could have done something really, really unique. Oh well, despite Heroes having some flaws it's still a great TV show to get in to.

Super Peter is going to be so fucking cool once he's with the team consistently. And I can't wait to see who Sylar's new master is -- the one who could see the little girl when she searched for him. They left the season with a good cliff hanger. If they answer atleast half of the questions left over from the season finale I'll be content.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 06 Sep 2007 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Less shit about insignificant countries, more Hayden Panettiere. pls.

4. NO!

This next season looks like it's going to be largely about Hiro and less about Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. I'm all for focusing on Hiro instead of Peter, even though the payoff for all the Hiro stuff in season 1 was so fucking lame. Peter's douchey with that emo hair and all that "heart and love" bullshit. He was cool in the future as Nick Fury though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Haiti was colonized by the french. The Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico were both colonized by the spanish. Haiti was abandoned while DR and PR both decided to make a culture out of themselves. I don't contend that each country/district is perfect but they're not in the shitter like Haiti is.
    ...the french didn't abandon them...the slaves rebelled and drove the french out. But yeah we don't like hatians...or really dark people for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Survival Kid View Post
    Less shit about insignificant countries, more Hayden Panettiere. pls.
    yeah haiti sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

7. Are we really still talking about this bullshit? Guess what, thread closed.