Thread: Fatal Fury Collection PS2

1. PlayStation  2 Fatal Fury Collection PS2

2. I assume SNK is saving the Real Bouts in another collection, because those are the only ones worth playing nowadays.

3. I am tempted to pick it up because I sold all my Neo stuff off awhile ago and I really liked FF2 and FF3, but It's not the 90's anymore and I don't think these have aged too well...so I am not sure how much time I would put into them.

Ncsx stated all games besides the first Fatal Fury are all excellent ports.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    I assume SNK is saving the Real Bouts in another collection, because those are the only ones worth playing nowadays.

Yeah, the Real Bouts are on vol. 2.

4. FFI Pao Pao Cafe music = best BGM track ever.

I can't wait for the Real Bout games. The original Real Bout is not only very under-rated, but perhaps one of the most innovative 2D fighting games ever. The sway line system brings more 3D gameplay to the fold than VF1 and 2, plus it even has ring-outs.

5. Got it. Played it.

The games are just about 100%, and the sound sampling issues found in other Neo Geo PS2 releases are not as bad.

It doesn't display well on my HDTV: its choppy and flickering graphics appear invisible because it is scanning too slow for my TV. I don't know if this means that it is in true low res (but its a distinct possibility since true low res games are always choppy on my set).

I'd pick it up, but I've got the originals for my Neo Geo (well FF 2-3)...

I might still get it once my new J-PS2 arrives...

7. Two things:

1) The game has remixed soundtracks for all 4. I guess they are from the Neo CD versions. Did FF1 even get released on that?

2) There is slowdown in FF2 when you smash the walls in Jubei's stage. I don't own the AES/MVS version. Does this slowdown happen there, or is this a PS2 conversion hiccup?