Thread: Good deal on shitty prepaid phone

Good deal on shitty prepaid phone

Yeah, prepaid phones pretty much suck, but they come in handy if you don't use the phone enough to spend $30-40 a month on a regular phone. Mine's basically an emergency phone since I drive all over the state in cars that could fall apart on me at any time, but I stumbled upon a good way to get a phone with a ton of minutes by combining lots of different promos.

At www.tracfone.com they a few promotions where if you buy a certain minutes card, they give you the phone (a refurb) for free. The best one right now is the Motorola V170 with 250 minutes for $50. That in itself is an okay deal, but with the proper promotions the minutes can be doubled. There is a referal program where current users can refer new users, and both people get 120 minutes for free. If you know someone that has a Tracfone, get them to send you a referal, or pm me and I'll send you one. I'm not trying to get more minutes here...I have more than I'll ever use as it is right now.

Next, activate the phone on the web, it gives you 20 minutes that way. When the referal code for 120 minutes come in, use bonus code 54604 to make it 150. Then, add the 250 minute card and use bonus code 56471 to get 100 bonus minutes.

In the end, that's 520 minutes of airtime for $50 bucks, which works out to be about 9.6 cents a minute for the calls and a free phone. As little as I use the thing, it might as well be a lifetime supply for me.

Sources:

http://www.dunringil.com/bonus.htm
    and
    http://www.momsview.com/tracfone_promotional_code.shtml

*edit* Disclaimer-your mileage may vary with the the coupon codes.
    Last edited by GohanX; 20 Jul 2006 at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.