Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "How the Console 'Failures' Finally Won"

1. "How the Console 'Failures' Finally Won"

A decent Next Gen article on the importance/impact of commercial failures in the game industry.

link

as always...discuss

2. Good article, though some may see it as a slightly-underhanded love letter to the wii.

Failed consoles also have a "cult" thing about them. I know more than a few "h4rdc0r3" gamers who love their Duo, Saturn, or DC simply because of cynical eleitism.

3. Lol @ how they lumped th GC in there.

I need to gut a GC and make something out of it. It actually has a nice design. Simple, square. The name is still gay though. Calling a square gaming console a game cube is down right satirical.

It’s right up there with gamestation, funbox, and Super Gentendo CD.

5. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks
    Calling a square gaming console a game cube is down right satirical.
    What are they satirizing?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. I wish this magazine was in print. Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone
    What are they satirizing?
    other, older game systems. It sounds like something they would make up for a movie/show

8. Is it just me or are some people just drawn to crappy consoles? I know a guy who loves the n-gage, 32X AND the jaguar. My batting average is about 50/50 when it comes to picking winners.

9. Eh, don't really like the article. Flubs some facts and its point is only halfway made.

So it would be the best article ever on IGN then?