Page 1 of 168 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2006 Season

1. NFL 2006 Season

I don't know about you kids but I'm excited for the new season. Last year was my first year really watching football and it sucked me in good. First game of the preseason is on August 6th with Oakland vs. Philadelphia in the Hall of Fame Game. Here's links to the schedules for the season:

Preseason:
    Week 1
    Week 2
    Week 3
    Week 4

Regular Season:
    WeeK 1
    WeeK 2
    WeeK 3
    WeeK 4
    WeeK 5
    WeeK 6
    WeeK 7
    WeeK 8
    WeeK 9
    WeeK 10
    WeeK 11
    WeeK 12
    WeeK 13
    WeeK 14
    WeeK 15
    WeeK 16
    WeeK 17

Thoughts? Predictions?

Personally I'm hoping for a good showing for my Chargers. Last season had us losing games by a point, which at one point had our stats at something like 6 loses by only a combined 7 points, which is from what I understand pretty much unheard of. We were also the first to put the Colts down, which considering the power house they were last year is nothing to look down on.

If we can figure our shit out this year I think we have an honest chance at making it to the big game.

I sort of like the Chargers, but have to root against them as a Colts fan. I'm not expecting much out of the perpetual chokers now without Edge.

Last year got me semi into NCAA FB and this year i want to get into it bigtime, so i'm looking forward to it. NC State, FSU, and for the first time since they joined the ACC, Miami in back to back to back home games for the Terps. Probably 3 straight losses, but I'm looking forward to some drunk off my ass football games. Wolfpack is the homecoming game, too.

We started the season off with William & Mary, middle tenn. at home, WVU away, and Florida International at home...we have no shot at another home game if we can't go 3-1
    Last edited by Rich; 26 Jul 2006 at 04:10 PM.

3. Go Browns........no really.........

Well it looks like Bush is going to hold out, good let him wait until week 2. Frye is looking good in practice, however so does Aaron Brooks so we'll see.

If the Browns can go 7-9 ish, 8-8 ish, I'll be satisfied, they are playing in the toughest conference in the NFL this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Predictions?
    NFC Division Winners
    Dallas, Carolina, Chicago, Seattle

NFC Wild Cards
    NY Giants, Tampa Bay

AFC Division Winners
    Miami, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Denver

AFC Wild Cards
    New England, Jacksonville

There's no point in picking the playoffs yet, because the matchups make so much of a difference in today's watered down NFL, and they're next to impossible to predict.

5. Miami isn't going to win shit. Pats will be in first even if thier secondary isn't any better than last year, but it has to be better considering how horrible it was. Dillon bounces back and/or Maroney brings his game with him then the running game is a lot better this year. The result, another division win for the Pats.

Fuck the Pats. No secondary and no running game = no division.

Feel free to actually make predictions though, before throwing rocks.

7. Pittsburg will make it in as a wildcard, Jacksonville doesn't have the weapons to make it this year.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    NFC Division Winners
    Dallas, Carolina, Chicago, Seattle

NFC Wild Cards
    NY Giants, Tampa Bay

AFC Division Winners
    Miami, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Denver

AFC Wild Cards
    New England, Jacksonville

There's no point in picking the playoffs yet, because the matchups make so much of a difference in today's watered down NFL, and they're next to impossible to predict.

Agreed on Playoffs, here's my picks since I cast a stone before putting mine down.

AFC East
    New England (sorry Miami isn't ready yet and their defense is getting older)

AFC North
    Pittsburgh
    Cincinnatti (wildcard)

AFC South
    Indianapolis

AFC West
    Kansas City
    Denver (wildcard)

NFC East
    Dallas
    Washington (wildcard)

NFC North
    Chicago

NFC South
    Carolina
    Tampa Bay (wildcard, good schedule)

NFC West
    Seattle

And for my guess on the Super Bowl (just a guess, way to Early)

Dallas over Kansas City 28-21

MVP: The Cowboy offensive line
    and Larry Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Pocoroba
    Dallas over Kansas City 28-21

MVP: The Cowboy offensive line
    and Larry Johnson
    Yoshi joke account?

10. Nah, I hate the fucking cowboys, but they are doing a hell of a job.